This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Splash Mountain construction photos

I've been meaning to get my DL Splash Mountain construction photos up for years and I've finally gotten around to it - well, one third of it. These photos are from May - November, 1987 (part 1, covering the foundation work on the main ride building and the steel work on the back ride building), from December, 1987 - April, 1988 (part 2, covering main ride building steel and drop/return foundation work) and from May - June, 1988 (part 3, covering bridge, drop and lift construction). Quality is not the greatest since they were taken with an old point and shoot camera and then scanned in with some poor scanners.

Hope you find them interesting... more on the way.
    Last edited by Mojave; 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM.

Re: Disneyland Splash Mountain construction photos

Cool pics lets see more.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

Oh very cool!

Comment

Do you have any pics of of the construction of the riverboat scene at the end of the ride? I have some old camcorder footage and back then it looked like the AA's at the end of the ride were positioned differently then when the ride actually opened. I keep wondering if Uncle Sam was originally gonna be in Splash but removed at the last second...

Comment

By the time the riverboat scene would have been installed, too much of the outside enclosure work was done, obstructing the view inside. When I post the next set of photos, they include all the steel and flume construction for the main ride building, but I don't remember seeing any shots of the riverboat.

Comment

Great Photos! Thanks for sharing, I viewed the slideshow three times in a row! Love the construction photos; ready for the rest... Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Comment

wow! nice!

This brings me back... I remember following the construction very closly because I wanted to see how Disney would do a log ride compaired to Knotts log ride, which I loved.

Once opened, I was amazed of how good Disney's mountain was.

Comment

just awesome photos! thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave
                  By the time the riverboat scene would have been installed, too much of the outside enclosure work was done, obstructing the view inside. When I post the next set of photos, they include all the steel and flume construction for the main ride building, but I don't remember seeing any shots of the riverboat.
                  You could have seen the construction of the riverboat scene from the Disneyland railroad...thats where my dads camcorder footage is from. I was wondering if you had any pics of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                    You could have seen the construction of the riverboat scene from the Disneyland railroad...thats where my dads camcorder footage is from. I was wondering if you had any pics of that.
                    I've just started pulling photos for the next set that I'm going to upload and I do have a few photos of the pre-fab riverboat on a flatbed truck and a crane to lift it in place (sadly, I didn't capture the actual installation of the riverboat). I have a bunch of photos from the train (they re-opened it around July 1, 1988), but I don't have any photos of the interior of the main ride building - they had construction walls up. Your dad must have gotten that footage after the walls came down. So yeah, sorry, no photos of the AA's in that scene.

Comment

I never would have guessed it would be a mountain if I had been there while they were constructing it. Great photos!

Comment

Let us know when the new ones are up.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I've never seen any of Splash's construction

Comment

These are great photos! Thank you so much for posting them. How'd you manage to get the photos of the foundation being laid down and the building being built?

Please do let us know if you post any more!

Comment

neato!

I think that's the HM showbuilding in the back!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X