This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food and Wine Seminars

I was wondering, if anyone knows, how these food and wine seminars at DCA are run? I know they are complimentary, but do you get samples like on a cooking show? Or do you have to pay extra for those samples or tastings?

I'd hate to sit through an entire 45 minute demonstration with all the tantalizing aromas teasing my nose and turning my empty stomach upside down, only to be denied a sample.

So so you get free samples or not?

I'm going tomorrow
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Re: Food and Wine Seminars

that's a good question... I have no idea

Comment

aiiiiiight... i'll ask a CM...
      "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
      "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Comment

Aiiiiiiiiiiiight. aight

Comment

The wine tastings come with free samples.
          Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

I guess the fact that no one is answering you means that... no one is going?

I havn't been to the demos. I have been to the marketplace and loved the food!

Comment

I went last weekend and YES there are samples, usually two I think. They also give you free water and some free flavored sparkling water too! I went to the demonstration on tomatoes where the chef from the Grand Californian created a chilled tomato soup that was really good, with a piece of cheesy bread on top. Before that he made a bruschetta (toasted sun dried tomato bread) with fresh chopped tomatoes and basil on top. You could go to all the demonstrations in the day and never have to pay for a meal! Just be sure to be there early enough, they only have enough room for the first 40 people, they distribute neon index cards to those in line to save their spot. When they run out of cards, they've run out of room upstairs. Be sure to try the food at the Market and Fortune Cookie they have good stuff too. The white cheddar cheese soup was great, and I bet they made the bread bowl it came in at the Boudine's next door! I hope it comes back bigger and better next year!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X