Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 1977

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 1977

Here are some shots I found of the old Main Street parade back in 77. From what I can tell, only 4 of the floats in this are still in use (5 if you include the snail). I don't think my grandfather realized that flash pictures kinda wash out the image when he took these, but I give him credit for trying. Enjoy...

My parents always called this character 'Prince John' after the Robin Hood movie. being that he's got a mane though, I think he's more King Richard. Prince John didn't have one.

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 1977

love it! It's amazing how every thing is see through basically

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Comment

Re: The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 1977

Comment

It looks like the Lion from Bedknob's and BroomSticks? Could it be? Or is that the first version of Prince John from Robin Hood?
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

These other pictures were in with the photos from 1977, but I'm not sure if they are from that year or not...

The most recent characters on here are Bernard and Bianca from 'The Rescuers' which came out in '77...

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
            It looks like the Lion from Bedknob's and BroomSticks? Could it be? Or is that the first version of Prince John from Robin Hood?
            I never concidered the lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks... You are right.. its probably him..

Comment

Those are spectacular...thank you!
              sigpic

Comment

This could be another rare character, although if they were in the park at the same time it would probably be confusing. Interesting neon pics.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Pretty cool!

Comment

it is the lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks
                    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
                      These other pictures were in with the photos from 1977, but I'm not sure if they are from that year or not...

The most recent characters on here are Bernard and Bianca from 'The Rescuers' which came out in '77...
                      I wonder if those are the "flat" originals that came out in '72. I heard about them on VF, but in '73 They were 3-d

Check out my dads bad pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/
                      I sure enjoy looking at vintage pics! Thanks soo much for posting the !
                      "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                      I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

Neato Burrito!

Don't remember the neon parts of it...

but still very cool!

Comment

Wow. What a difference from today.

Comment

Re: The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 19

Ok.. I cleaned it up a bit and I still can't figure out what the attatched photo is...

Any idea?
                            Attached Files
                            -Tim

Comment

Re: The one, the only, the original, Disneylands' Main Street Electrical Parade... 19

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                              Ok.. I cleaned it up a bit and I still can't figure out what the attatched photo is...

Any idea?
                              Thats the original dragon they had in the parade. They switching it with Pete's Dragon, Elliot, right after the movie came out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X