• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExJungleSkipper95
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2006

Great Moments with Walt Disney

Here is an idea I thought of the other day and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. We have all seen "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" and most of have enjoyed the show, especially the newest version they had just before the 50th anniversary show they currently have. What would you guys think of a new show called "Great Moments with Walt Disney". It could be an Audioanimatronic show about the man who started it all. I know some are gasping and crying out that I'm speaking of blasphemy but I think it would be a great show. Most of us never got to meet the man and the only things we have to remember him by are his interviews. We can bring back to "life" a former great president, why not bring back the greatest american of the 20th century? What do you guys thinK? And please give an explanation for your opinions, not just yes or no.
    sigpic
  • Crazy Legs
    All you need is LOVE
    • Feb 2005

Re: Great Moments with Walt Disney

Great moments with Walt would work
    :crazylegs

Comment

• skratch addict
      rebmeM roinuJ
      • May 2006

i donno, im really on the fence with this one. on one hand i really love the story of walt disney and his life, but on the other hand it would be weird for me to see him as an anamatronic character. would he talk about his life story? cause it'd be hard to remaster all the audio to sound the same and you couldnt really have someone "do" his voice. i like the short length documentaries, but AA?
      sigpic

Comment

• thejoshualee
        Not sure about anything
        • Jun 2005

On one hand, if anyone deserves their own AA it's Walt Disney.
        On the other hand, it may be wired to see him walking around on stage.
        On the other hand, It would be nice to have the kids become more familiar with the Walt.
        On the other hand, can we get rid of Lincoln?

I don't know... it could work...
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

• MasterGracey
          Dateline Disneylander
          • Jan 2005

Yeah, I'm not too sure an Animatronic would be a good idea. Too strange, and just seems kind of ...wrong to me for some reason. Audio, video, and documentaries are fine... but I dont think an audio-animatronic would be good.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• Morrigoon
            insufferable know-it-all
            • Jan 2005

I like it, BUT....

Walt loved Abe Lincoln, so removing Abe for Walt... not so sure about that.

How would the Disney family (especially his daughter and nephew) feel about the company being able to manipulate a walking, talking Walt? Theoretically, they could put any words into his mouth and cut his quotes together to fulfill someone else's vision. Don't know that I'd feel comfortable with strangers trying to recreate any of MY relatives. Walt never did like the idea of the company owning his name, I can only imagine how he'd feel having his image become a company-owned and manipulated AA.

But otherwise, yeah, it'd be a neat idea. Maybe if they could find some quotes of Walt talking about Abe Lincoln, then show the Abe AA? But... eh... I don't know, it's just a tad creepy. Pity, because I'd probably like to see it anyway.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• Experiment626
              This is my car, Stitch :)
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by skratch addict
              i donno, im really on the fence with this one. on one hand i really love the story of walt disney and his life, but on the other hand it would be weird for me to see him as an anamatronic character. would he talk about his life story? cause it'd be hard to remaster all the audio to sound the same and you couldnt really have someone "do" his voice. i like the short length documentaries, but AA?
              I agree...it would be way too creepy to see Walt as an AA IMO. No thanks, I'll stick to seeing old interviews or checking out the Partners statue when I want to see Walt.
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

• speederscout
                0 to 200 mph in 1 second!
                • Feb 2005

Can someone verify this; I seem to recall hearing that the Disney family has stated that they would not allow an AA of Walt to be created. Makes sense to me.

Comment

• ni_teach
                  Just this guy......
                  • Jan 2005

It is my understanding that Walt's Family has an understanding with company that they will NOT make an Audioanimatronic of Walt.
                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                    Get the Iodine!
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jul 2005

I don't know if it would be the best idea to replace the Lincoln attraction, but I do think it would be cool to have a Walt Disney AA.

If there were a Walt AA show that took over the Lincoln show it should be called "Great Moments With Mr. Disney" or "Great Moments With Uncle Walt."

Comment

• ryborg
                      MiceChatter
                      • Apr 2005

This sounds a little creepy. Also, I feel like I saw a joke of exactly this thing in a cartoon like Futurama or something once. It was like Walt was a Parody of himself. not good. ;-)
                      Ryborg

Comment

• cellarhound
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Well, this idea had occured to me...

1. I can't rightfully advocate such a change because the original Lincoln with the original audio track was just too darn good. (The rewritten script is NOT as good, and I think is why people stopped seeing the attraction... The story became about you getting a hair cut rather than Lincoln's optimism. - something that we are in desparate need for as a country today.)

2. I get sickened by the company abusing the image of Walt for their own financial gain... I remember the ad campaign image where Walt's non-caporial ghostly head peered down from heaven looking at the park with aproval... UGH!!!!! I can tell you how horrified I was by that image, particularly with the state of Tomorrowland as it is currently, and DCA being across the way.

Now having said those two things... I can imagine such an attraction utilizing the sound track of his existing Disneyland USA and subsequent video bits. I believe one could piece together an audio track utilising athentic quotes... It is possable, it would work? Heck yeah...

But quite frankly I don't trust the company to do it right, even if Lassiter was in charge of the project... I think someone would be appauled by the attraction, and essencially it all too easy to abuse and distort Walt's image, vision and purpose.

Ultimately I would say it was a bad idea, even though I applaud the spirit of why such an idea would be presented...
                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

• skratch addict
                          rebmeM roinuJ
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by cellarhound
                          I remember the ad campaign image where Walt's non-caporial ghostly head peered down from heaven looking at the park with aproval... UGH!!!!!

when was that? thats just dumb! i think im glad i never saw that one! to me it borderlines on disrespectful.
                          sigpic

Comment

• disneytim
                            Thanking the Academy
                            MiceChat News Team
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ni_teach
                            It is my understanding that Walt's Family has an understanding with company that they will NOT make an Audioanimatronic of Walt.
                            It's my understanding that I understand why the family would understand that.

Walt left behind enough recorded material (audio, film, video) to make an AA of him redundant. Why settle for artifice when we can go back to the original material? I'd much prefer to see a "live" Walt introducing "The Wonderful World of Color" than a mechanical Walt spouting his greatest hits.

Count me in the group that's kinda creeped out by the whole idea.
                            Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

• jepple
                              Once more, with feeling!
                              • Mar 2005

I've thought about the issue of making Walt an animatronic myself, and I agree with the people who say it will be wierd to be able to manipulate a living Walt Disney.

I've always thought this problem could be solved by putting the AA Walt with other AA people on the stage, for example if the 1955 dedication of Disneyland were to be recreated, have a Walt animatronic surrounded by AAs of generic people watching in the crowd. This takes the focus off of a single animatronic and puts it on the overall scene and experience.

Comment

• Wotan
                                Senior Minion
                                • Jan 2005

I still think of a copy of Walt, a la Lenin, laying in a crypt with fake fog coming out of holes on the bottom. Call it Walt Disney on Ice.

It probably wouldn't Fast Pass though.

:-))

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
                                  • Jan 2005

This is an interesting development. I'll a make note of it.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                    Chicago Gal
                                    • Apr 2005

I think the idea has merit, on the surface, however, I do not think it would be successful. Someone would have to script the attraction. Doing a successful script of Walt Disney's words and actions, might bring some good reviews, from those who never actually met him, or saw him on television growing up. The people that knew him, worked with him, saw him on television, would be more critical. I do not think we can recreate an actual living human being of the dynamics of Walt Disney successful. It would be like trying to clone him. The vision might be true, but his innermost soul could not be copied.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Athlonacon
                                      FastPass n00b
                                      • Feb 2005

Walt is always in the park, he doesn't need a collection of wires and speakers to allow him to be there. There's a reason why the park is improving the way it is and it's not because of luck. I firmly believe that somewhere, Walt still looks after his park as if he was still here. That might be wishful thinking, but after 50 years and 2 takeover attempts of Disney in 1984 and 2004, it really is more than just luck that Disneyland is still stronger than it's ever been in today's world.

And personally, I think he'd be pissed to see an AA of himself in the park...especially if that AA replaces Lincoln.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X