Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"it's a small world" turns 40 this Sunday. Any special events?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "it's a small world" turns 40 this Sunday. Any special events?

"it's a small world" will celebrate its 40th Anniversary this Sunday. Not 40 years since it's World's Fair debut, but it's 40th Anniversary of it's Disneyland debut.
    With such a significant milestone, I am surprised Disney isn't having a special merchandise event.

Does anybody know if there will be any special merchandise for the event? They've done it for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 40th, and Pirates' 35th and Haunted Mansion's 35th. Any info if we'll be seeing any "small world" 40th anniversary collectibles?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: "it's a small world" turns 40 this Sunday. Any special events?

Nothing was announced in the official press release: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26930

Its a damn shame too. That's huge milestone for a truly iconic attraction.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I doubt it. All the APs make threads in these boards, asking whether the attraction is even NECESSARY. I think DIsney thinks that you don't like it.
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Safe to say there'll probably be a micechat 40th anniversary ride-thru though

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

That's disappointing. A friend and fellow MiceChatter is graduating and a special 40th Anniversary collectible from "it's a small world" would have made a truly glorious gift.

I can't believe Disney is passing up such a huge milestone for one of the most definitive Disney experiences. What a shame!

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
            I doubt it. All the APs make threads in these boards, asking whether the attraction is even NECESSARY. I think DIsney thinks that you don't like it.
            Regardless of what APs say, Disney still knows its one of their most popular attractions. To pass up such a milestone is, to be blunt, stupid.

Comment

I hear that they plan on shutting down the music for a whole day...

Comment

It certainly is a shame.

Oh come on melmel, that was one person, and the rest of us (from what I saw) felt that the ride is an important Disneyland attraction. It's an icon.

Probably the main focus right now is just getting all that marketing up for Pirates.

Hmm, maybe during the 45th or 50th anniversary they'll do something?

Comment

Hey I just had a thought, it's a funny one...what if someone put food coloring in the water on it's a Small World? Imagine being in one of those little boats and you see red stuff in the water? Hehehe :roll:Sorry...I've been reading some funny posts and it got me in a silly mood, or maybe it was the Baja Fresh? Okay I'm done derailing this thread...let's put this sucker back on topic!
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

In honor of the 40th anniversary I will be placing my Disneyland CD in with the Small World ride through, I will play the one track on repeat and be pretending I am riding it, all day. I expect by the end of the day I will need a padded room.

Comment

I heard they were adding Ariel to the ride....
                      Jeff made me famous!
                      From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

I heard they were going to have an IASW mad dash to see who can collect the most dolls to take home. It is not like Disney to pass up a good merchandise money-making event.

Comment

I heard they were going to add a loop.

Comment

I heard IASW CM's will hand out 2-3 softballs on the way in.

:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240
                              I heard they were adding Ariel to the ride....
                              i heard it was a Johhny Depp character because people keep riding it and say - "where was Jack Sparrow?"
                              a friend of Walt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X