Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • painted windows
    Wonderful World
    • Jun 2005

Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Mine would be the first time I went.When we left I was crying and screaming I didn't wanna leave
    :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

• Churro Biter
      • May 2006

So hard to choose one...

#1 has to be the day before my family and I went when I was about 6, my brother 10, and we were up half the night planning our assault on the magic kingdom using one of the huge wall maps they used to sell. I don't remember the trip as well as I remember that map and the sleepless night.

#2 is a tossup between the last day my ex-girlfriend and I were a couple and the canoe races last year. There's just something about the park at 5:30 in the morning that stirs the heart.
      The last day with the ex was actually a really great day.

Comment

• Pillbug2
        • May 2006

My favorite memory was last year when we took our 2 sons and our new daughter, who was only 7 weeks old at the time. We were having dinner at Ariel's Grotto, which still had Captain Mickey at the time. Our sons and just about all the other kids in the restaurant were out on the patio doing the chicken dance with Donald Duck when Mickey Mouse came in. He saw our daughter and came over to look at her, and started to play with her and pet her head (she didn't have much hair then and I was actually worried that Mickey was going to rub it all off with all the head petting). Well, Mickey became quite smitten with our little princess and must have stayed at our table for at least ten minutes petting her little head. And after he left, he kept coming back to see her and my boys every couple of minutes. He'd visit us, go visit another table or two, and then come back and visit us again. It made my sons feel very special to have Mickey keep coming to visit their table (even though their sister was the one getting most of the attention), and our whole family was just as tickled as can be (although I doubt the guests at the other tables were quite as amused).

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
          I'm Theme Park Happy!
          • May 2006

Keep those memories alive and coming here on this post. ;o)

Comment

• cpdisneyprincess
            Oh my Goodness!
            • Mar 2006

Wow, so many memories to choose from. Here are a few:

My 5th Birthday: We went to the B.B. and I guess my parents had told them that it was my birthday. After dinner they came out w/ a cake that had sleeping beauty's castle made out of frosting on top of it w/ little plastic figures of the fab 5. My 5 year old brain almost couldn't handle that.

Mickey's 60th Birthday: I turned 6 that year and thought it was so cool that Mickey was 60 and I was 6. They had this birthday party thing for him once or twice a day over at the Plaza Inn. It had already started and Mickey had come out and it was almost time to sing Happy Birthday whe I dropped something under the table. When I stood up I wacked my head realy hard on the hard table bottom and started crying. Mickey came over to me and picked me up and held me while Everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. To me it was like Mickey shared his Birthday party w/ me.

Sword in the Stone: We took a family trip w/ Grandma and Grandpa when I was around 7 or 8. Grandpa and I were waiting for the rest of my family to come back from somewhere and so we waundered over where they had just started the Sword in the Stone Ceromony. I happened to be picked to be the one to pull the Sword out of the stone and back then Merlin put a crown, and a cape on and septer in my hand and walked me from the Sword to the Enterance of the Castle annoucing I was the Queen of the Morning (I could only be queen of the morning because when Arthur got back he might be upset that I took his crown). Everyone in my family missed the whole thing but my Grandpa. It was always our special thing.

Planning Engagment: MY two friends were getting engaged and I helped Eric plan the whole thing. The morning of Chauna got a letter from Tink telling her Peter Pan (Eric) had been kidnapped by Cptn. Hook. Tink was flying ahead to try to find him and would have her friends (other disney characters) leave clues for Chauna along the way and that the Fairy Godmother (me) was coming to get her. We went to DL and spent the whole day going all over DCA and DL getting clues from CM's and even Mickey and Minnie (at Ariel's in DCA). It ended in one of the little back nook areas by Pirates. She had to ride Pirates by herself and then I sprinkled "Pixie Dust) from the exit of Pirates to where Eric was waiting w/ the ring. It was awesome to be a part of that and to see how involved CMs were willing to get in our crazy project.

July 17, 2005 - I was there. Need I say more?

Sorry if this was too long. Just soo many memories. This isn't even a small part of all the memories stored up in my brain from Disney.

Comment

• aimster
              Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Spending my 15th birthday (back in 1989) at Disneyland. Best birthday ever.

Comment

• Sonorajoe
                New MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

It's gotta be the first time you go,especially if you are young.My first trip was in 1965 when I was 10 years old.The memories are quite vivid,even of the crappy motor motel we stayed in.And the time you take your own children and see and feel the total joy that you felt as a child. Isn't that why we all go back so many times?

Comment

• squinky
                  that's right!
                  • Jan 2005

Probably seeing "Remember" for the first time.

Comment

• sleepingbella
                    • Apr 2005

When I took my nieces and cousin to Disneyland. My ex-boyfriend is a CM, and when he got off his shift, we found a nice spot too watch remember ... (it was during the holidays). My little niece who is 2 just was potty trained. (at the time). well, my boyfriend was holding her when the snow came down. I said, "aww look how pretty Bella. Snow!!" and she looked at my boyfriend and said, "I have to pee." and we couldnt stop laughing. that is the best one.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                      I'm Theme Park Happy!
                      • May 2006

Yeah! My first post to go 2 pages! ;o) I'm happy as a billion dollar mouse!

Comment

• Pugman
                        Food & Whine Aficianado
                        • Mar 2006

Whenever I'm in SoCal for Christmas vacation, I always go to DL at few times. A few years ago, during an especially warm Christmas Day afternoon, I decided to go back to my car and ditch my sweatshirt for a T shirt. As I opened my car door I heard someone calling my name from a few feet away. It was someone who I had been friends with in Orange County for many years, but had drifted apart when I moved to Chicago and he to Hawaii. He and his parents had just pulled into a parking space a few cars away. What are the chances of this happening? Two old friends from thousands of miles away reuniting at our favorite place. A magical memory, for sure.
                        An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
                        www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

• LlamaLover
                          Back After Missing MC
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Chapter13
                          This post reminds me of that lucky little girl who was the 2,000,000,000th guest. The green eyed monster keeps coming up when I think about her.
                          I can relate all too well Chapter13! :evil:

Like most of you have already posted, I have a lot of really great DL memories but my most recent trip really stands out in my mind as being the best vacation of my life. My husband knows how much Disneyland means to my mom and me so he helped us convince my family to spend Christmas at the park (my dad is more of a traditionalist who would prefer to have dinner at the house with relatives). I cannot say how thankful I am for that trip! There were so many magical moments that bring a smile to my mouth every time I think of them. I cannot list them all here but a few include Christmas dinner at The Blue Bayou, getting caught in the "snow" storm on Main Street USA after the best fireworks display I have ever seen, and having the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Disneyland decorated for Christmas during the 50th anniversary celebration. Every minute in the park was so amazing and I will never forget the feeling of seeing all the lights and feeling Christmas cheer, Disney style.

This is a photo of my family and me in NOS soaking up the beautiful decorations.

This photo shows our attempt to fit all 4 full-sized adults into the golden Peter Pan ship. The other couple are friends who moved from Nebraska to California who drove down for the day to enjoy some Disney cheer.

This photo was taken at the Tiki Room exit as homage to our love of the pineapple whip.

This shot was taken with my husband at the foot of the amazing golden anniversary Christmas tree. It was so huge, I could not believe it was a real tree!

This is a photo of my mom, sister, and me after our divine Christmas meal at The Blue Bayou.

This picture of me, my husband, mom, and brother was taken right after the "Remember" fireworks display. If you look closely you can see the "snow" shadows on our faces!

This photo of my husband and me with my family was taken on Christmas day at the entrance to the park with Tinkerbell. I was so happy that she worked holidays!

Last edited by LlamaLover; 06-05-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                            I'm Theme Park Happy!
                            • May 2006

Is that from all you MiceChat readers? 2 pages worth? Anymore great story memories out there?

Comment

• Deedah98
                              • Jun 2006

My favorite all time memory is when my fiance proposed in front of the castle the week before christmas last year. I was completely shocked and surprised and the cast member got some great pics for us.

Comment

• twinmama28
                                • Nov 2005

I have 2 - first, when my husband proposed at the wishing well in 1999 - it was so romantic and I was completely surprised! He asked someone to take our picture there and I had no idea what was going on until he was on one knee!

The other was in 2004 when we told my parents we were pregnant, and we told them right in front of the castle. We gave them a homemade card with a before and after picture, the after with a baby graphic inserted into their arms (it was a picture of them at Dland too!) Little did we know we were having twins so a little Disney magic was happening all along!!! We have since cherished bringing our little boy and girl to the happiest place on earth many times, and I would actually have to say being there with them is the best thing of all!!!

Comment

• spriggig
                                  • Jun 2006

Seeing the ghosts in the ballroom and trying to figure out how it was done (I know now).

Electric Light Parade.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                    Chicago Gal
                                    • Apr 2005

That's me entering Disneyland for the very first time. I went to Disneyland last year, on July the 16th. I was there for the Anniversary. It was a great week.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• lisaboo
                                      xmanmom
                                      • Jan 2006

So many of these posts have brought tears to my eyes! I love it! Thanks for starting this thread.

None of my memories are nearly so heart wrenching but...

I have sosososoooo many memories since I have been to DL over 30 times and this is without an AP.

1. Going multiple times on New Years Eve as a child. I don't have any specific memories, just a general memory of revelry and joy.

2. Every time I have been able to take a first timer and watched their eyes light up.

3. Taking my good friend from England's son on his first trip to the US.

4. Spending time with one of my good friends and her three kids when they just happened to be at DL at the same time as me.

5. Last fall taking my fiance on his first trip to DL and taking him from a skeptic to a Disney appreciator. He'll never be a fan like me but he agreed to go only to get me to stop begging him and I can't tell you how delighted I was when he admitted that it was a pretty great time. Then over New Year's he had wanted to go down to LA again but to go to USH for two days. I tried to convince him that it was really a one day park, but he didn't believe me. By the end of the first day he was asking to go back to Disneyland. The most exciting thing of all...we are now going to be making my first trip to WDW this fall and he agreed to a whole week with all the trimmings! We are paying out the wazoo but boy am I happy! What a sweet boy!

Comment

• IMAGINE
                                        Imaginative Possibilities
                                        • May 2005

My best memory was finally breaking my curse of not being able to take a date to Disneyland! Been trying since 8th grade...didnt happen till 2 year of college!! So anyways, it was my girlfriends birthday, and I got the fantasmic balcony seats. I grabbed her a slice of chocolate cake, and I walked back to my seat, there I reached into my pocket and pulled out 2 little candles. I stuck them in and lit em up, but being the shy guy I am, I couldnt sing happy birthday to her on my own, So asked an oh so kind woman seated next to us to help get me started. She was more than willing to participate, so there I sang her happy birthday on the balcony of the disney gallery for her birthday, with her own makeshift birthday cake... that smile that appeared on her was absolutely priceless...I will never forget it....
                                        You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                                          I'm Theme Park Happy!
                                          • May 2006

After hearing everyone's stories and comments... I can't freakin wait to find out what my all time favorite first time memory of Disneyland is going to be. It could be ANYTHING!

I'm so excited I can't sit still! ;o)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X