This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Game Idea - Disneyland Risk

This was just a silly thought that popped in my head a few weeks ago, and my fiance and I are tempted to make it:

Disneyland Risk

(For those of you who don't know what "Risk" is, it's a map game of global domination in which you invade territories/countries, battle their armies and take over.)

For this idea, the board is simple - a map of Disneyland, with territories being attractions and the countries being the lands.

Players can select from 6 competing armies in which to dominate the park: stroller-driving parents, pin traders, annual passholders, day guests, teenagers, and message board geeks. :geek:

What do you all think?
    disneyphile@gmail.com

Re: Board Game Idea - Disneyland Risk

Run, don't walk, to the patent office.

At a bare minimum it'll be great for those MiceChat get-togethers where we need a little extra entertainment!!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Great idea, T!!! I LOVE Risk...and what's better than Disneyland Risk! Maybe you can add churro carts to the list of army. :cwink:
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
        Great idea, T!!! I LOVE Risk...and what's better than Disneyland Risk! Maybe you can add churro carts to the list of army. :cwink:
        Actually, we'll probably make churro carts like a special "capture" - maybe 1 additional unit per turn or something. :lol:

For the army list, how could I forget cheerleaders??? There are probably others to add as well.

Actually, this would be a fun one to make in VB or flash, so it could be played in the MiceChat Arcade.
        disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

I can see it now, the armies of Eisner and the armies of Roy locked in battle on tom sawyer island.
          There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
          -Dr. Strange

Comment

You know what I'd like to see is a Disneyland Tycoon computer game. I know there are already tycoon games out there like Rollercoaster Tycoon but I think it would be great to actually be able to run a Disney theme park, from labor issues to attendance problems to attraction designs. So many of us think we can do better than the current management, so why not make a game that proves it?

Probably never happen because Disney certainly doesn't want to be proven that a better park can exist as long as the right people are running it.
            sigpic

Comment

I imagine Adventureland would be difficult to hold. So small and accessable from Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Mainstreet. Critter Country would be the new Australia, just guard your border to NOS and build up. Same with Toontown.
              Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I love the game of Risk and a Disneyfied one would be even more fun. I gotta say, though, when I was a kid and would play Risk with my friends, hard feelings would inevitably ensue and we would all go home mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango
                  I imagine Adventureland would be difficult to hold. So small and accessable from Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Mainstreet. Critter Country would be the new Australia, just guard your border to NOS and build up. Same with Toontown.
                  Try holding down Main Street for long.
                  disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Worse yet, the Hub. It's got a border w/: Main Street, TL Fantasy, Frontier
                    and Adventureland. OK, it's got three access to Fantasyland and 2 to TL
                    and three to Mainstreet if you count the shops.

Main Street (in DL) has only the Hub and the 2 access to the gate area.

Comment

Hmm....I think we need to create a beta test game....hmmm....creative juices flowing...hmm.....
                      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                        Hmm....I think we need to create a beta test game....hmmm....creative juices flowing...hmm.....
                        Game night at Cuzco's house!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                          Game night at Cuzco's house!!!!
                          Boom baby!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun. Although I've only played the original Risk a few times, I'd love to give the DL version of it a spin.
                            Woof!

Comment

Capturing the churro or popcorn carts should definitely yield +1 unit, because the food supply is there. The Dole Juice Bar should yield +2 units, and restaurants +3.

I think light chasers should be considered special weapons.
                              disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X