X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • addicted2disney
    • Feb 2005

America Sings/Splash Mtn. Question

I was reading a post here with pictures from America Sings and I have always wondered what the show was like, It was closed when I first went to DL. There are a lot of animlas etc recycled from America Sings to Splash Mtn. Does anyone know if the little weasel made the transition over to Splash? I've seen the frogs, geese, vultures etc, just curious if he is there somewhere...

Thanks
    Dustin
  • Micki0624
    • Jan 2006

Re: America Sings/Splash Mtn. Question

The show went through the decades showcasing popular American music of that time. The only animatronics not recycled were the hosts. The Eagle and the Owl.
    Kungaloosh!

Comment

• Yendorb
      Mousketeer
      • Feb 2005

I'm not sure on this one, it's a good question.

I don't think that the weasle was a real animatronic (not fully articulated). he just popped up, and I don't even think his mouth moved. If his mouth did move, that was the only part that was really animatronic. he would pop up and back down so he probably does not have a recognizable role in splash.

That's my thought. hopefully someone will know
      VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

• OogieBoogie
        Supervillan Extrodinaire
        MiceChat News Team
        • Sep 2005

I posted a thread about America Sings along with some pictures of it last week. I also included in there what characters were moved over and the various scenes that were part of the show.
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

• RobotMirror
          Neep meep beep
          • Apr 2006

Yendorb: ?

The weasel is listed as an animatronic, and his mouth and I believe arms moved. If this isn't an animatronic, then half of the attractions (and half of Pirates) suddenly are finding their animatronics missing. Not to mention the tiki room.

The weasel is listed twice in the Splash Mountain attraction, in the following place:
          • -Weasel: Laughing Place, popping out around the Birmingham Jail fox
          Note that the weasel appeared six (6) times in the original America Sings show!

Comment

• addicted2disney
            • Feb 2005

Thanks, I will look for him when I go in 16 days

Dustin

Comment

• Soulquarian
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by addicted2disney
              I was reading a post here with pictures from America Sings and I have always wondered what the show was like, It was closed when I first went to DL. There are a lot of animlas etc recycled from America Sings to Splash Mtn. Does anyone know if the little weasel made the transition over to Splash? I've seen the frogs, geese, vultures etc, just curious if he is there somewhere...

Thanks
              Dustin
              He pops out upside down from the ceiling in the black light section. On your right hand side, look for a goose singing to the roof. The weasel will pop out.

Comment

• Yendorb
                Mousketeer
                • Feb 2005

I should have went back and checked oogie's thread. His arms didn't move.

My memory of the weasle is only a pop up character like the ghosts in the attic in the HM. I don't consider those animatronic. They are animated, and America Sings used several mechanical animation techniques.
                VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

• Schmielsen
                  • Jun 2006

I thought the weasel was the worst part of America Sings. Of course I was about 17 when it opened (an age when many things annoyed me) and had a bad attitude about the entire show since it replaced my beloved Carousel of Progress

Comment

• Sam
                    Up is Down
                    • May 2005

the weasel is also in the laughing place part of splash mountain.
                    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X