This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey's of Glendale

Does anyone out there know if this store is only accessible to Imagineers or others in Burbank or is it accessible by all employess and CM's? Thanks!

Re: Mickey's of Glendale

... W.D.I. and Corporate only unless a person is invited by someone from Imagineering to visit the plant.

Comment

The shop is not terribly exciting but there are a few interesting items.

Most of the exclusive merchandise bears Apprentice Mickey along with the Imagineering logotype.

Comment

Darn! I know someone who works in Event planning at DLR, I was hoping he could get me in. But o well maybe he knows someone who works there. Thanks for your help!!

Comment

It's not as hard as it used to be to get in there. There aren't as many imagineers now, and Disney has re-located many divisions to the area. Mickey's is also next to one of the last Disney cafetirias in the area, so people from all over the area are coming and going, so security doesn't scrutinize every badge coming in like they did in the past.

If you have a badge, I'd say go for it. Walk in the flower entrance and look confident, flash the guard your badge and go around the desk. At the end of the hall you turn right and head into the cafeteria. Go out the doors to the patio and Mickey's of Glendale is in a little building you can see from that courtyard.
          VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

^Great!! Ill see if he'll do it for me!

Comment

^ Hey Kronos, are you a Trojan fan, by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                ^ Hey Kronos, are you a Trojan fan, by any chance?
                Nah, can't stand em. lol. Besides Disney they are my life. haven't missed a football game in 3 years!

Comment

It is my understanding that any Disney CM can go and bring a guest or two. I have been twice with a CM friend who works at Disneyland!

Aprille :-)

Comment

As long as you have a valid Disney Company ID you have access to the campus. So if your friend works at DLR he can get to Mickey's.

Mickey's of Glendale is awesome! The store has really changed over the years. If you're a pin collector they have some of the sweetest looking and best produced pins I have ever seen (it is WDI after all and they have access to all the great art material!) I hear they are releasing next week an exclusive line of Pirates of the Caribbean pins that will have the original Marc Davis art...none of this mimic art crap you see at the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Yendorb
                      If you have a badge, I'd say go for it. Walk in the flower entrance and look confident, flash the guard your badge and go around the desk. At the end of the hall you turn right and head into the cafeteria. Go out the doors to the patio and Mickey's of Glendale is in a little building you can see from that courtyard.
                      Turn LEFT to go into the cafeteria. [smilie=1,35,29]

Comment

As long as you have a Disney ID you can go. Its pretty neat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X