This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Caribbean [the ride] Opening

Do we have any confirmation the Johnny Depp will be at opening on June 26th?
    disney lady

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean [the ride] Opening

He's supposed to be at the premiere on June 24th.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I think we can basically assume he will NOT be there on 6/26. As Jen said, the movie premire is on 6/24 AT Disneyland, so I'm sure he and his family will attend that event, not the public opening.

Too bad though, eh? I wouldn't mind seeing him!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be there if it was public knowledge that he would be in the park. That place would be packed!

Comment

Does anyone have any knowledge of anything confirmed happening on the 26th? Ceremony, press event, etc?

That's the one day I'm going to be able to get to the park this year (in town on business) and would hate if some ceremony or event prohibited me from grabbing a POTC ride! (or made the line unreasonable!)

Comment

He'll probably be at the premier, but I've heard that he doesn't watch his own movies. I think he still hasn't seen the first PotC completely.
            My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Peabody
              Does anyone have any knowledge of anything confirmed happening on the 26th? Ceremony, press event, etc?

That's the one day I'm going to be able to get to the park this year (in town on business) and would hate if some ceremony or event prohibited me from grabbing a POTC ride! (or made the line unreasonable!)
              I think that all the ceremonies and "press" would be on the 24th, but I'm sure DarkBeer might have different news if I'm wrong. I know many of us plan to be there on Monday morning to see the changes!

Comment

I'll be there on the 24th - I'm expecting insane crowds. As for actually getting to see the red carpet, I don't plan on spending my whole day "saving a spot". But, if someone else wants to save me a spot - I'd be happy to sit with you!
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

There will still be media on the 26th. i called disney dining to get blue bayou reservations and they said there wouldn't be any due to media being stationed there. but they would accept walk-ins. it would be wierd to eat in blue bayou with media there though. is anyone else planning a trip the 25th/26th?? i can't wait!
                  Curiouser and curiouser...

Comment

There's a rumor that Johnny might be there for the public's opening, as he loves the ride very much. He's supposedly stayed at one of the DL hotels for about a whole month with his family (not sure if that's true) before the ride's re-opening.

Speculation has gone further to suggest that, if Johnny did in fact come on the 26th and these hired CM Jack Sparrows are that good, he might just try to fool us all and dress as one.

But, who knows. I wouldn't get my hopes up over it.

In any case, I'm going on the 26th and I'm really excited!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyEla
                      There will still be media on the 26th. i called disney dining to get blue bayou reservations and they said there wouldn't be any due to media being stationed there. but they would accept walk-ins. it would be wierd to eat in blue bayou with media there though. is anyone else planning a trip the 25th/26th?? i can't wait!
                      Our family will be there 26th - 28th.

I wonder if they'll be running FastPass for PotC?

Anyway, we called the reservation line for Blue Bayou and it may be for the first month or so they're not taking reservations, walk-up only. I think that's what they said.

Comment

Originally posted by rico
                        Our family will be there 26th - 28th.

I wonder if they'll be running FastPass for PotC?

Anyway, we called the reservation line for Blue Bayou and it may be for the first month or so they're not taking reservations, walk-up only. I think that's what they said.
                        I called two days ago and got reservations for the end of July for the Blue Bayou. I haven't heard anything regarding what will be taking place on the 26th of June but we plan on being there when the park opens. We have our reservations at the Holiday Inn on the corner since the big 3, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier and the Grand California were already booked a month ago.

I will try calling and see what happens about Blue Bayou reservations for the 26th!

Comment

I have reservations for 1130 on the 27th of June at The Blue Bayou.
                          disney lady

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyEla
                            I've noticed that after a big press junket, D-land will still cater to the press after a few days.
                            so they may not (but I could be wrong) really do anything on Monday, you can bet the press will be ther to take pictures and just relax.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Media on-site 6/23, 24, 25, 26 with additional set-ups to follow.
                              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X