Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essay: Can An Audio-Animatronic Pirate use a Gold Watch?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essay: Can An Audio-Animatronic Pirate use a Gold Watch?

This essay was written after my last trip to Pirates (in March). Knowing the changes that were coming...

I want to preface this essay by saying I am a great fan of the movie Pirates of the Carribean, and I have nothing but excitement in regards to the new changes to the ride. I just wanted to give a little tribute to a hard working Pirate.

Can an Audio-Animatronic Pirate use a gold watch?
    Or
    What do you give a retiring robotic pirate?
    by
    Prof. Griffin

After about a month or so of hard fighting, I started to notice the little boats below.

I waved my cutlass and grimaced with fury, from time to time glancing down and affording a sly wink to the little boats below.

As long as I was the Captain of the Wicked Wench me heart and soul was dedicated to firing upon that town, and making the passengers on the little boats watch, smile and gasp in wide-eyed wonder.

I was carried by the Imagineers to a large open area and there, laid carefully down. For the first time in almost 40 years, my view had changed. As terrifying as it was, I was strangely excited, and waited for what was to be coming next.

Re: Essay: Can An Audio-Animatronic Pirate use a Gold Watch?

:thumbup: Wow, that was great! Very entertaining and extremely well written. I love how you kept perspective and really made us see the ride from the pirate's view. Kudos!

Comment

Loved it. Well done. Thanks

Comment

Only TWO posts and already ye have brought a tear to me own eye. Well done Matey, well done indeed. You are a true storyteller and a right good one at that.:captain:
        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Wow.....that was awesome. I really enjoyed the essay. Almost brought a tear to me eye.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words all.

My intent was not negative. As you can tell, I love the Pirates ride...(the smell, the water, those wonderful fireflies) and look forward to it's new additions.

I just felt a little sorry for that Captain. (I bought the Captain action figure from Pieces of Eight last visit...just to remember the ol' boy.

If you all enjoyed that, I'd be only too happy to post some more essays...specifically on The Haunted Mansion, my absolute favorite place in the park(s) and my second home.

-Prof. Griffin
            Fangoria TV
            http://www.fangoriatv.com

Comment

Amazing Essay...extremely creative. If I were youre teacher you would have gotten better than an A+ lol

Comment

Thats a great post, they should put the captian somewhere special in the park, and give him some legs too!
                There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                -Dr. Strange

Comment

that was great! it's so sad, but very well done (it might also interest you to know that I was listening to "One LAst Shot" on the PotC soundtrack and it...was just perfect). I feel strangly sorry for that pirate...may the wind be forever at his sails!

Comment

Impressive! What a great perspective.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfGriffin
                      If you all enjoyed that, I'd be only too happy to post some more essays...specifically on The Haunted Mansion, my absolute favorite place in the park(s) and my second home.
                      Yes! That would be fun

Comment

By all means, lets see the HM writings. This is certainly not a negative report. It was very well done and I think the tears were because you wrote so well, you made us feel for the Captain. And that's not an easy thing to do. So post away.
                        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X