This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Matterhorn??

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF THE MATERHORN BEFORE THE REMODEL IN THE 70s OR 80s WHEN IT USED TO HABE AN OVERLOOK WHEU REACHED THE TOP AND U COULD SEE HOW OT WAS MADE INSIDE?????IVE SEEN A FEW VIDEOS BUT GOOD PICS R HARD TO FIND..THANKS
    Last edited by MAGIC KINGDOM; 01-28-2005, 02:58 AM. Reason: SPEELING

I thought you still see what is inside at the top of the MT..... however the rest has the ice and snow and yetti.....

Comment

Actually, before the 78 refurb, the lift hill was just lit somewhat and just looked like a cave, hence if you saw the tunnel with the work lights on you can see the rock formations still there. Pretty sure you could never see inside the mountain. As of now when you are on the top of B-Side as you go by the yetti, you can look up and see the "5th floor" because those dumb lights are always on. They are supposed to be off however they have been working a lot on the Tinkerbell mechanicisms and are mostly outside contracters that do not know about turning on and off the lights.

Comment

Please don't type in all caps. It gives the impression that you're yelling.
        Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

Comment

The Carlene Thie/Mel Kilpatrick books have some great pictures of the Matterhorn of old.

Comment

Originally posted by imagineer boy
            Please don't type in all caps. It gives the impression that you're yelling.
            But maybe MAGIC KINGDOM was yelling from excitement.....
            Vote for Pedro

Comment

Here's a picture of the oooollld Matterhorn.

Yes, back then, it didn't have anything inside. You ran through this really neat looking fake mountain and looked up and saw cables and girders. Yesterland described it as:
              Though beautifully finished on the outside, the interior of the Old Matterhorn is nothing special to look at. It's obvious that you're in a steel-frame structure.
              This interior was added later, along with the yeti.

Comment

Wow. Round skyway buckets, grey subs. Nice.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
                  Wow. Round skyway buckets, grey subs. Nice.

I agree!

Comment

I've been a Miceage fan since inception and just discovered the message board here so here's my first post - woo hoo!

Anyway I totally remember the way the inside of the Matterhorn used to be. My first ride back in 1976 when I was 8 was before the rehab and I can remember it like it was yesterday seeing all the "guts" of the mountain, like the tracks and silver insulation and such. Ah memories

Comment

Inside

Im So Clueless I Dont Remember The Insides B4 The Rehab Anyone Know Of Any Video?

Comment

No one had Handicams in 1975.
                        Visit MouseBits at http://www.mousebits.com for the Internet's largest and most active source of fan-made Disney video and audio multimedia!

Comment

pics???

someone has to have some pics somewhere??

Comment

is it just me, or has the mountain accumulated more snow on the outside over the years?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X