Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! (merged threads)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! (merged threads)

    The Blue Bayou is now in soft-openings! We had lunch at White Water Snacks before entering the parks but we noticed the Blue Bayou was welcoming guests for soft openings when we walked by so we went in because we had to! We just had dessert. Two of my party had the Creme Brulee trio and I just had a scoop of vanilla ice cream since they were out of the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat.

    The restaurant looks the same, the lobby has a pirate treasure chest overflowing with loot.

    The CMs were all very curteous - many of them saying "Welcome to the Blue Bayou" and "Thank you for coming to the Blue Bayou" when we left. The serve each person their dinner roll now after you sit down instead of bringing out a basket of rolls, allowing everybody to get their own.

    And the quiet sounds of the Bayou could be heard and the sounds of the banjo could be heard as well.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

  • #2
    Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

    Originally posted by MasterGracey
    The Blue Bayou is now in soft-openings! We had lunch at White Water Snacks before entering the parks but we noticed the Blue Bayou was welcoming guests for soft openings when we walked by so we went in because we had to! We just had dessert. Two of my party had the Creme Brulee trio and I just had a scoop of vanilla ice cream since they were out of the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat.

    The restaurant looks the same, the lobby has a pirate treasure chest overflowing with loot.

    The CMs were all very curteous - many of them saying "Welcome to the Blue Bayou" and "Thank you for coming to the Blue Bayou" when we left. The serve each person their dinner roll now after you sit down instead of bringing out a basket of rolls, allowing everybody to get their own.

    And the quiet sounds of the Bayou could be heard and the sounds of the banjo could be heard as well.
    That's great news!

    So no Jack Sparrow going by the tables, right?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

      Could you see on to the water? were there empty boats passing? does the bayou look the same out there?






      ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

        That's great, and Al's MiceAge article today just predicted that it would be open as we were reading his update. Pictures of the food or the inside, that you could post later, perhaps?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

          I'd love to see some pics too. When they are available if someone could get a pic of the flying dutchman cookie boat I'd really appreciate it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

            Originally posted by Frogberto
            Pictures of the food or the inside, that you could post later, perhaps?
            I would love to see photos as well! Come on shutterbugs, bring on the pictures

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

              was the shooting star working?






              ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                Was the new Cafe Orleans open as well?
                One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.


                Originally posted by Mouse princess
                Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                  this looks like a job for:



                  Better... At least its open... and people are enjoying it... and the cast members are getting better training... and the food is better... and im stuck in FLA near WDW which doesn't nessesarily have a good resturant like it...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                    I took some pictures, but the lighting in the restaurant and my camera we disagreeing. I'll see if a can salvage any of the photos when I get home.
                    As for the shooting star- I looked, but didn't see it. Also know that I've never seen it before anyway, so I had no idea where to look - so I might have just missed it - but I looked all over and didn't see anything so I don't know


                    Cafe Orleans is not open, but all construction walls are down and everything looks pretty much done from the outside. The restaurant and patio are still closed to guests though. You can't even eat a clam chowder bread bowl from the Royal Street Verdana on the clean patio tables - its all blocked off.


                    Originally posted by figment1986
                    this looks like a job for:



                    Better... At least its open... and people are enjoying it... and the cast members are getting better training... and the food is better... and im stuck in FLA near WDW which doesn't nessesarily have a good resturant like it...
                    Actually, the restaurant looks exactly the same as it did before it closed - the Blue Bayou refurb mainly focused on the Kitchen, I believe, not on the dining area. The only difference is the pirate loot in the lobby (which I will post photos of when I get home) and the new souvineer menus (which I will scan and post images of when I get home)
                    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM.

                    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                      my god this is great could you see any changes or tweaks in the bayou

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                        so could you see the water and everything? anything different in the attraction part from what you could see?






                        ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                        ~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                          Great job Master Gracey - thank you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 6/20: Blue Bayou hosting soft opening! Serving guests NOW!

                            Note: The restaurant is the same as its always been, appearance-wise. The water/attraction part appeared to be the same as before.

                            Nothing is visibly different aside from the menus and the pirate treasure in the lobby.

                            What is different is the service (better!), the menus, the food, and of course, the prices.

                            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X