• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

POTC Official Re-opening - LONG lines this morning

Stopped by the DLR to check on the amount of folks that wanted to ride POTC this morning.

Got there around 7:20 AM and there were a few hundred folks waiting for the official 8 AM opening, but it was also an Early Entry day, and thanks to a friend, got in thru the EE process.

Folks started to line up at 7 AM (actually earlier at the turnstiles) at the entrance to Frontierland to be the first to ride. By 7:40 AM (regular gates still closed) the line reached to almost City Hall. Around 7:45, the front of the line was allowed to move up to the Golden Horseshoe entrance, where a few entertainers kept the front of the line folks entertained until 8 AM, when the line was allowed to enter the queue. A group of TV stations were placed across from the POTC entrance along the edge of the Rivers of America.

Around 9 AM, the line was still started at City Hall, but now the entire queue and Frontierland was also being used, over a 2 hour wait.

Around 10:20 AM the line did get shorter (but not sure if they added additional switchbacks in the queue), now it was at the north end of Main Street near the Wait Board and was posted as an 105 minute wait.

Photos to come later....
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • Experiment626
    This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Oct 2005

Re: POTC Official Re-opening - LONG lines this morning

Bring it on! I'm game for the wait!
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

• Morrigoon
      insufferable know-it-all
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for the update. I fear there will be another influx when the after-work crowd (like myself) get there. We're meeting at 7:30, so I'm guessing it'll be much later by the time we get into Pirates.

Then again, with any luck, most people who care that much will have gone this morning?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• disneytim
        Thanking the Academy
        MiceChat News Team
        • Jul 2005

Great report DB. Thanks!

DAYUM!!
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

• FigmentJedi
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

Apparently the rumored JII update at Epcot's a go if the Pirates update is successful enough and I think that we might be seeing it at this point!

Comment

• JulieNMM
            • May 2006

Hmmmm, any thoughts on what the queue will be like in 2 weeks (when I go)?? Do you think everyone will have ridden it and got it out of their system and the queue will only be 10 minutes????? (I can wish, can't I??)

JULIE
            Going to DLR 7/10-14
            This is my signature.

Comment

• disneytim
              Thanking the Academy
              MiceChat News Team
              • Jul 2005

I'll be there 7/15 - 7/18. Don't care how long the line is, I'M GOING!!! :captain:
              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

• mrfantasmic
                • Jan 2005

Of course, they said 3 hours yesterday, but people were reporting less than an hour. Does anyone have an idea of the actual queue time?

Comment

• mikoyle
                  Freshman Member
                  • Jun 2005

Today, Monday, is not blocked out for any annual passholders, including SoCal Select. Tonight will be insane, with the afterwork crowds.

Comment

• Disneykat
                    For old time sake
                    • Apr 2005

i'm on my way in a few. i'd be happy to call in with an update, if someone wants to post
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• Experiment626
                      • Oct 2005

I don't mind waiting in line...I just hope I don't have to park on Minnie again and having to walk up six flights of stairs. (The escalator for up was down, I didn't want to use the elevator to wait over 10 minutes with all the stroller users and I didn't think of using a lower level escalator and then going up the stairs the rest. Needless to say...my calves hurt!)

Comment

• Morrigoon
                        insufferable know-it-all
                        • Jan 2005

626: Just take the highest escalator you can get on. With the exception of Minnie, if your up escalator's down, you can always hop on the next higher level and walk DOWN stairs instead of up.

(and if you're going down and there are too many people on your escalator, you can always slip down to the next floor on the stairs and take an uncrowded one)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• Experiment626
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                          626: Just take the highest escalator you can get on. With the exception of Minnie, if your up escalator's down, you can always hop on the next higher level and walk DOWN stairs instead of up.

(and if you're going down and there are too many people on your escalator, you can always slip down to the next floor on the stairs and take an uncrowded one)
                          Yeah I thought of that too when I was walking up those stairs. Oh well...my almost nonexistant calves needed the workout LOL :lol:

Comment

• Trekkie Dad
                            state supported cyclist
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by disneytim
                            I'll be there 7/15 - 7/18. Don't care how long the line is, I'M GOING!!! :captain:
                            That's when Jimmie and I are going, except we are blocked out on the 15th. We have other plans for that date.
                            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                            sigpic

Comment

• Darkbeer
                              Darkbeer
                              • Jan 2005

One note, both the SoCal and SoCal Select AP holders can enter the park Today and Tomorrow before being blocked out for the summer. (August 20th is the next non-blockout date).

So I presume the crowds will die down on Wednesday...

But there was a typo in the last Backstage Pass (AP newsletter), so regular SoCal AP's might be allowed into the park all this week (thru Friday).

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
                                Basking in birthday love
                                • Jul 2005

A friend who works near the park e-mailed me this morning with that same information, with the subject line "Don't go today." Luckily, I rode it enough during the cast previews to be happy to wait until the line dies down to a reasonable size. )

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• Darkbeer
                                  Darkbeer
                                  • Jan 2005

^Hey, nice having lunch with you yesterday.....

My crazy girlfriend wants to go after work today, so looks like I am going back for more photos... But like aerinpegadrak, we got to ride a few times during previews, so if the line is a 2 hour wait, we will take photos and ride the Mark Twain instead...

Heck, I got swept up in the crowds this morning while taking my photos and got to ride with only a few minutes wait (got on about 8:10 AM). Really didn't plan to ride, but with the traffic only going one way, it was the easiest thing to do.

Comment

• Hyperbole
                                    I'm your huckleberry.
                                    • May 2005

Any feel for how busy the rest of the park is today? I'm just wondering if there might be capacity crowds, or if the bulk of the patronage is on the West Side.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

• wolfy
                                      Still wants to be a cat!
                                      • Jan 2005

Are the screen and bleachers down yet? Makes a big difference getting around NOS!
                                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• luckyamber
                                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by FigmentJedi
                                        Apparently the rumored JII update at Epcot's a go if the Pirates update is successful enough and I think that we might be seeing it at this point!
                                        Journey Into Imagination? What's one have to do with the other?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X