This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Half-Marathon and 5k

If you are definately doing the Disneyland Half-Marathon and/or 5k, I'd love to meet-up with other Mice-Chatters that weekend. I get in Friday, and leave Monday. I didn't see any other current posts on this subject, but if there are, can someone re-direct me?

Or if you aren't doing it, come out and watch those of us who are!

Weekend of Sept 16-17.

Re: Disneyland Half-Marathon and 5k

My hubby is a marathon runner.. I totaly forgot about this 1/2 one.. he will be there for sure.. I will be there just watching of course ....i used to run 1/2 marathons years earlier.. ahvent been in shape for some time now

Friends for life

Comment

Doing the 5K walk/run! A little difficult to run with a Baby Bjorn and rugrat!

Cannot believe they say pushing a running stroller is a "liability!" Hah!

Comment

Heard this is Sold Out already....any information on how to get in? I have a friend who would really like to run this, any help would be appreciated.
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey orl fla
          If you are definately doing the Disneyland Half-Marathon and/or 5k, I'd love to meet-up with other Mice-Chatters that weekend. I get in Friday, and leave Monday. I didn't see any other current posts on this subject, but if there are, can someone re-direct me?

Or if you aren't doing it, come out and watch those of us who are!

Weekend of Sept 16-17.
          I am there! We signed up shortly after it was announced in January or so ... after we finished the OC Marathon that same month -- can't wait!

Comment

Here is a link to the event website:
            http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c...entListingPage

I was able to register through a charity spot back in May, but I am afraid these all may be sold out as well. I hope this helps...
            ><> just call me n8 <><

Comment

Thanks!
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

hope everyone has fun doing the event
                :crazylegs

Comment

5K Participants

For those registered for the 5K: Did you get anything in the mail or via email re. details on that day? I read on another board that we have to pick up stuff, i.e.check in, the day before at the Disneyland Health & Fitness Expo, and on Sat. meet at the Pinocchio lot, but I didn't receive anything official. Anyone else?

Comment

Re: 5K Participants

Originally posted by mypupmickey
                    For those registered for the 5K: Did you get anything in the mail or via email re. details on that day? I read on another board that we have to pick up stuff, i.e.check in, the day before at the Disneyland Health & Fitness Expo, and on Sat. meet at the Pinocchio lot, but I didn't receive anything official. Anyone else?
                    I haven't received anything official in the mail, but my understanding is that all runners need to attend the Expo beforehand. See http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c...ventDetailPage for more details.

Comment

Thanks.
                      Boy, I keep thinking, if you're not checking the boards to find info, and are registered for the 5K, a person may be very confused & disappointed if they show up on Sat. morning thinking they can check in then.

Comment

I signed up online to volunteer during the Fun Run, but have yet to recieve any information or anything via mail or email... So hopfully I'll be there (I'll do anything for a free T-shirt!)
                        I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Comment

I've been thinking of signing up as a volunteer as well. I've been trying to talk my friend into signing up with me. It sounds like a lot of fun!

PS - Anyone know where the course will be? Does it actually go through any of the parks or just outside?

Comment

Everyone who signed up for the Half-Marathon should have received their waiver and commemorative program in the mail - and if you care to know, a photo of me next to Mr. Incredible appears on page 29! (taken at the WDW marathon last January) 5k participants don't get anything in the mail, just pick-up the day before at the expo. Google "disneyland half marathon" to go to info and course map.

Comment

I was worried about this, too. I signed Pixie Kid up for the Kids Race & thought he wasn't going to be able to do it since I haven't received anything. Seems a little strange to not even get an email about it!
                              <o>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X