This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaza Gardens Dance Bands?

My family will be at Disneyland July 21-26. What's the odds of cathcing a big band dance concert at Plaza Gardens? Do they still do that?

Re: Plaza Gardens Dance Bands?

Apparently, close to zero. Glad I asked.

Comment

Well you can always catch my swing band up here in Northern California:

www.vocal-ease.com
      Gawrsh !!

Comment

Try Alan Thompson at the Coke Corner. He plays piano at Coke Corner with a swing beat. I particulary like his Haunt Mason theme.
        Last edited by Ranger Rick; 07-03-2006, 03:29 PM.
        Originally posted by lazyboy97O
        How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
        Originally posted by steamboatpete
        Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

If I had a time machine, I would sent us back to Yesterland, to listen to Count Basie or Duke Ellington at the Plaza Gardens.

It bet it was fun to go to Disneyland and listen to some of the best Big Bands in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by madxdog
            My family will be at Disneyland July 21-26. What's the odds of cathcing a big band dance concert at Plaza Gardens? Do they still do that?
            July 21: Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party Featuring Doc Anello and the Swing Machine

July 22: Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party Featuring Gary Tole and Legends of Swing
            7, 8, 9 and 10:15 PM

Entertainment calender is available on DL website.

Cheers.
            Remember
            What the dormouse said
            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

They have swing dancing every Saturday night. The band recently took time off for vacation, but they seem to be back. It's worth going to - even if you're not particularly into the music, there are some very interesting people to watch.
              sigpic
              Fluffy Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick
                July 21: Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party Featuring Doc Anello and the Swing Machine

July 22: Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party Featuring Gary Tole and Legends of Swing
                7, 8, 9 and 10:15 PM

Entertainment calender is available on DL website.

Cheers.
                Of course. Silly me. Wasn't sure they listed that kind of entertainment.
                They have swing dancing every Saturday night. The band recently took time off for vacation, but they seem to be back. It's worth going to - even if you're not particularly into the music, there are some very interesting people to watch.
                We're from way out of town, and haven't been to the park in years. Last time there, Darling Wife and I enjoyed the music, danncing, and watching the other dancers. Interesting indeed. Anyway,glad the tradition lives on. Something to introduce our 5 year old to. Thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X