This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the 50th stuff stop?

Like "Remember" and the Parade od Dreams.
    Keep to the code.

Re: When does the 50th stuff stop?

Originally posted by dantheman
    Like "Remember" and the Parade od Dreams.
    Please, please - let "Remember...Dreams Come True" and Parade of Dreams continue until at least November 22!!!

Comment

I'd like to see the parade and fireworks continue after the 50th because they are so fantastic. Unless they can make something to top both.

Comment

You can expect Parade of Dreams for quite some time. The Fireworks are another matter. I'd love to hear what they have planned for that. We've heard all sorts of rumors: A special Halloween version of Believe, a new show to replace Remember after the Christmas show is done. But I'm sure Steve Davidson won't let us down.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

All I can say is, from my limited perspective, it was nice to catch them. I did see the 'Remember...' fireworks, albeit without sound, about half a dozen times or more over the course of my stay, and I thought they were pretty darned impressive as far as fireworks go. Still, if you've seen one colourfully shaped cracker going off, you've probably seen them all.

Still, as I said - from my perspective it will ALL be different by 2008, so it was just nice to see the 50th stuff before it all disappears.
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Whats wierd is they have the fireworks playing on Sept 29 and 30th (DL.com), the weekend the Halloween stuff starts. I always figured Darkbeer was right when he said they would stop around the 23. The fireworks arent playing on Sunday in September after Labor Day either. I figured there would be enough demand if they are going to stop them to have them on Sundays too. We will have to see where everything goes as it seems to be up in the air.

BTW, this kinda ruins my bday plans. I was planning on taking my family and some friends to watch the fireworks on the 17th (bday is the 15th but I prob have to work.) Ill have to keep watching how the schedules turn out.

Comment

hmmm, weird..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

Comment

I belive I read over on MousePlanet that the Remember fireworks may continue through October, with a Christmas fireworks show returning in November. The rumored Halloween fireworks may have to wait another year. Things change all the time with Disneyland, so more confirmed info will come out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal
                  I belive I read over on MousePlanet that the Remember fireworks may continue through October, with a Christmas fireworks show returning in November. The rumored Halloween fireworks may have to wait another year. Things change all the time with Disneyland, so more confirmed info will come out soon.
                  Well I hope that is true, It would be nice to see Remember and the Halloween decorations at the same time.

Comment

The Remember fireworks show is a major source of air and particle pollution in the Anaheim area. The smoke plume from the show last night was visible for an hour, and I could see it clearly from where I live. The California E.P.A. and Air Quality Management District won't let Remember continue for much longer, and any one of these agencies can order it to stop. This weekend will be hot in Anaheim, with not much air movement, a huge smoke plume from Disneyland will not help the air quality. So I believe the rumors of the show going away soon, it just pollutes too much.

Comment

If the Halloween show materializes, Remember will be gone by October 1 ... but I hope it sticks around through Nov. 22, as originally planned.

Disneyland OWNZ the Orange County economy, and they have nothing to fear from the SCAQMD. They purchased enough "credits" to run the show thru November.

Comment

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                        Indy Ride Count: 2211
                        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Like I said, Remember can go away at any time, if there is a smog alert or Ozone action day in Anaheim, the show can be ordered by the state to stop. I am very surprised Remember has been allowed to continue for 14 months, Disneyland must have given the Air Quality Management District something good. Disneyland also wants Parade of Dreams gone by Christmas, so all the decorations can hang across main street. Last year nothing could be strung between the buildings, because the floats could not pass under the wires. So don't
                          expect to see the Parade of Dreams at Christmas.
                          Last edited by Austinnightwolf; 07-14-2006, 12:48 PM.

Comment

its all over by october during the re-opening of haunted mansion holiday

Comment

Thanks Austinnightwolf for trying to spread yet more environmentally friendly, green, tree hugging, made up, good feeling POOH. Next time maybe look into the research as opposed to what "feels” right, I know this is a new concept for the new age environmentalists!

Yes it is true that there are chemicals involved in creating the colors of fireworks but Disney’s has done some great work and has made their shows more environmentally friendly but eliminating the major problem with fireworks.

"The new technology uses compressed air to lift fireworks, virtually eliminating the need for smoke-producing black powder and other materials at launch, significantly reducing ground-level smoke and noise while continuing to provide a highly entertaining show."

http://corporate.disney.go.com/environmentality/press_releases/2004/2004_0628.html

The show might be going but it is not going to be due to environmental reasons.

This one time on Friends . . .:roll:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X