This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is electrical parade doing?

how is the electrical parade doing in DCA? is it getting as lot of viewers. I havent heard much about it lately.

Re: how is electrical parade doing?

Don't have a clue. Guess I'll find out during my November visit. I know that it has remained wildly popular every time that i have visited in the past. DCA's Block Party Bash is also a big time winner!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

When I was there, there was a good amount of crowd. We got there late and had to stand on a planter thing to see, so that's a good sign of popularity.

Comment

i was there in june at it was fairly crowded , the parade itself was great , i had'nt seen it since i was a young young boy , seemed a little outdated , do people even know who petes dragon is anymore?

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen
          i was there in june at it was fairly crowded , the parade itself was great , i had'nt seen it since i was a young young boy , seemed a little outdated , do people even know who petes dragon is anymore?
          My 10 year old cousin didn't, which was a bit disappointing to me, as it was one of my favorite Disney movies at his age.

Comment

My 9 year old DD does, but I suppose that's not typical.
            sigpic

Comment

My 8, 9, and 10 year old don't know Pete's Dragon, but they still loved the dragon. I love the EP, I wish that it was staying on the schedule for fall instead of BPB.
              Michelle

Comment

iseemed a little outdated , do people even know who petes dragon is anymore?
                My DH, who is definitely old enough to remember, did not know who Pete's Dragon was. I've never seen the movie either, but we both still LOVE the Electrical Parade!

Comment

If indeed I had not grown up with the thrill of the spectacle of the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade, I might feel differently.

Seeing it at DCA is nice, but as with many parades a big part of the beauty and excitement is the context in which it is staged.

Still a nice parade, but I felt a lot missing when I saw it outside the DL Main Street context. As I've posted before, it's rather like placing the Rose Parade in Cleveland or the Macy's Parade in Tucson. Still nice parades, but out of place.

--Barry
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                    If indeed I had not grown up with the thrill of the spectacle of the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade, I might feel differently.

Seeing it at DCA is nice, but as with many parades a big part of the beauty and excitement is the context in which it is staged.

Still a nice parade, but I felt a lot missing when I saw it outside the DL Main Street context. As I've posted before, it's rather like placing the Rose Parade in Cleveland or the Macy's Parade in Tucson. Still nice parades, but out of place.

--Barry
                    I don't know. I just don't feel that way. I grew up with the EP going down Main Street too, but I actually enjoy it more at DCA. For one, I've been able to get better seats and could see it better than when it was on Main Street. Also, being able to watch my DD watch it for the first time happened at DCA so that's a pretty powerful memory.
                    sigpic

Comment

All I remember about the MSEP from childhood is how crowded it was. I enjoyed EP at DCA and unlike BPB I would love to see it again when we go in the fall.
                      Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by stitchlvr
                        I don't know. I just don't feel that way. I grew up with the EP going down Main Street too, but I actually enjoy it more at DCA. For one, I've been able to get better seats and could see it better than when it was on Main Street..
                        Totally agree! There is so much more space to actually SEE the parade at DCA. You aren't crammed onto one tiny Main Street where you mostly see the backs of people's heads. And I have never had to to park my backside on the curb 3 hours before the parade started since it moved to DCA.

Comment

When ELP was at WDW the person played pete was a girl and she was much much older and the mic and the speakers were all crackly, could not even understand what she was saying, so i hope they fixed that problem. Even though i was working for Disney entertainment at the time it was in WDW magic kingdom i never got to do it, but i did spectromagic (goofy) all the time. which one would you prefer, which is harder spectro was not too bad but i wanted to know what elp was like

Comment

so wait, is it leaving for good in the fall?

Comment

I still love it!! It still makes me cry (just memories and good feelings, etc.)
                              sigpic
                              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X