Clear All

• Matt Ouimet's Farewell letter to CM's

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=915479

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Matt Ouimet's Farewell letter to CM's

Uh oh...is this good or bad?

Comment

I do give Matt this - he's a very good writer.

Very touching - thanks DB for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by PianoManBluez
        Uh oh...is this good or bad?
        Both, no more Pixar rides (good) and no more Ouimet (bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon
          Both, no more Pixar rides (good) and no more Ouimet (bad)
          huh?

we still have John Lassileter (I'm sorry - I'm terrible with his last name). He is the reason for all the PIXAR stuff going on.

Comment

I don't think the Pixar rides will stop, as long as they keep making good movies.

Comment

no one at work told us he was leaving.. so I am really really surprised

Friends for life

Comment

Well this sort of sucks. I wonder who his replacement is going to be. Hopefully someone else who "gets it".
                I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog
                  Well this sort of sucks. I wonder who his replacement is going to be. Hopefully someone else who "gets it".
                  Disney veteran Ed Grier who's coming over from Tokyo - see concurrent threads -

--Barry
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon
                    no more Pixar rides
                    Thank GOD! I can't stand those *ducks at things that may be thrown*

Comment

Captain CM already posted the letter in the Ouimet Gone Thread around 9:25 this morning:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...812#post782812
                      Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                      I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Over a period of 17 years, it seems strangely odd that "Cast Member Matt" arose from the lower ranks to eventually head up Disney's cruise ships, and, then, advance to President of the Disneyland Resort only to suddenly quit for a comparably lackluster position with a hotel conglomerate. Arguably, he is the most effective, friendly and hands-on DL leader since Walt.

All this aside, I wish the coming president all the luck and magic in the world. Accountants are some of the hardest working and underappreciated people on Earth. Contrary to the notions of some, accountants are just as likely to possess talent and creativity as anyone else.
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-25-2006, 01:43 PM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                          Over a period of 17 years, it seems strangely odd that "Cast Member Matt" arose from the lower ranks to eventually head up Disney's cruise ships, and, then, advance to President of the Disneyland Resort only to suddenly quit for a comparably lackluster position with a hotel conglomerate. Arguably, he is the most effective, friendly and hands-on DL leader since Walt.

All this aside, I widh the coming president all the luck and magic in the world. accountants are some of the hardest working and underappreciated people on Earth. Contrary to the notions of some, accountants are just as likely to possess talent and creativity as anyone else..
                          I wouldn't agree that this position is lackluster. The Anaheim property is in one location, and has three hotels. Starwood holds over a quarter million guest rooms at 750-plus properties across 82 countries, including properties that cater to all types of theme parks and tourist attractions. It's a more exciting, challenging, assignment, with a much more global reach (along with the exciting challenge of managing people in 82 countries and cultures) than anything Disney can offer at TDA.

Comment

I'm disoppointed. Matt has done a lot of good. I never even heard of this hotel chain.

Comment

It is sad to hear that Matt is leaving the company. Based on what I have seen and the people that I have talked to he was and outstanding manager and a great leader.
                              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X