Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2006

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2006

Looks like there will be no new attraction in the former WWTBAM-PI! building in DCA for quite awhile....

http://www.anaheimoc.org/WhatsNew/WhatsNew.asp?section=Meetings

Disney's California Adventure Opens New Event Venue - Stage 17

Stage 17 opens in September 2006 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure. The new indoor venue boasts more than 10,000 square feet of carpeted, divisible floor space in a real sound stage setting. Stage 17 is the perfect place for an event of any size and with its built-in video and audio systems, complete with production booth, the room can also play host to dazzling presentations and memorable meetings.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2

Sounds like a waste of space.

Comment

Re: Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2006

hey.. it might make disney some cash.... that was actually a soundstage right... meaning you could theoretically tape something or produce something for disney channel at DCA and work on it in there? that or throw lots and lots of parties.. lol

Comment

Re: Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2006

I rather see something like Rock N Rollercoaster in there.
        "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Comment

Eh, that's all they're using it for anyway. Might as well spruce it up a bit. It just looks really sketchy in there at the moment. I hope Hollywood and Dine also gets a revamp to make it into a useful space.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

...What a waste.

It's a theme park. Not an office building.

With Hollywood & Dine back there used exclusively for parties and corporate events, why make another building only a couple hundred feet away into a similar venue? Let's get an attraction in there, for cryin out loud.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

so hmmmmm they want to make DCA better so they make the old millionare building a meeting space. Dosnen't make any sense to me
              :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

I think the bigger problem is there is an "Old" millionaire building in the first place. The park is five years old, Millionaire was built after the park opened, and it's been closed for awhile now. There needs to be better planning than to create an attraction that lasts 2-3 years and then is abandoned entirely.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Re: Old Millionaire Building (Stage 17) to become Meeting space starting September, 2

Originally posted by tbminnie
                  I rather see something like Rock N Rollercoaster in there.
                  You got cali screemin'... why do you want a clone, or a similar clone.

Comment

^ I always find it funny when people say that they shouldn't put RnRC in DCA because they already have screamin'. It's NOT the same thing. Yes it they both have a launch, but that's about the extent of it.

I don't see people complaining that Space Mtn, Matterhorn and Big Thunder all have lift hills.

If they wanted to build RnRC in that area they should have/could have done it before Monsters went in, using Hollywood n' Dine. Now, it's too late to add anything of substance to that corner of the park without going into the tram area/shuttle zone.

Comment

I say put the muppets show in there and use the space of the old muppets building for a new "D" ticket ride. I doubt theres enough room for an e-ticket but hey anything woudl work. Muppets is so big its a waste of space. I know its too small to put " the Great movie ride" but something along those lines would be great!.
                      We rock the party that rocks the party!
                      We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                        ^ I always find it funny when people say that they shouldn't put RnRC in DCA because they already have screamin'. It's NOT the same thing. Yes it they both have a launch, but that's about the extent of it.

I don't see people complaining that Space Mtn, Matterhorn and Big Thunder all have lift hills.

If they wanted to build RnRC in that area they should have/could have done it before Monsters went in, using Hollywood n' Dine. Now, it's too late to add anything of substance to that corner of the park without going into the tram area/shuttle zone.
                        they are (suppose to be) simiar... sure.. RNRC has more inversions.. but both have a launch, and sound...

RNRC would also just make DCA more thrill... you need family attractions as well..

Comment

We are talking about "Millionaire" here...*anything* short of knocking the building down is an improvement. Although this doesn't make for an exciting start of Iger's promised revamp of DCA. Personally, I think the hundred-million dollar promise is much like Pressler's "Atlantis in 2003" promise...find something that needs immediate attention, promise them the world, make the date far into the future, and let the problem slowly slip out of people's minds over the years until it's not as urgent. I'd be WAY more impressed if he earmarked $100 million for DCA in 2007, but this Millionaire building needs some kind of ride since DCA can use all the new rides it can get.

Comment

Meeting Space!?

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz
                              Meeting Space!?
                              The Great Office Ride
                              it's a corporate world
                              Indiana Jones and the Drawer of Supplies
                              Pirates of the Boardroom
                              Honey, I Called a Meeting
                              "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                              -
                              "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                              -
                              "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                              -
                              Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X