Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 4th Space Mountain Preview?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 4th Space Mountain Preview?

    Al says there might be one. So what do you guys think? Will this actually happen? My opinion, is nope. Though I really wish I had tickets for that day, just in case . hah

  • #2
    I sure as heck hope so, my brother won tickets and I maybe going with him. That would be so cool to get to ride Space.

    Comment


    • #3
      My fingers will be crossed and my camera ready! A preview ride would be great!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Disguy
        My fingers will be crossed and my camera ready! A preview ride would be great!
        As awesome as it would be I have little/no expectation of it.

        Comment


        • #5
          It seems like quite the long shot, but on the other hand, they did work really hard to make sure the queue looks nice in time for May 5th, so who knows.
          -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
          I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            From what I've heard, they are done w/ the building of the ride, it's the insurance for it that is holding them back from opening it sooner. I can only imagine how expensive it would be to insure since the issue with BTMR.
            A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CinderellaPrincess
              From what I've heard, they are done w/ the building of the ride, it's the insurance for it that is holding them back from opening it sooner. I can only imagine how expensive it would be to insure since the issue with BTMR.
              That is a VERY interesting thought CP. I never thought about that. I had always heard that Disney was self insured for the parks. But perhaps that is not the case. Interesting indeed.

              Anyone know more about this?
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

              Find us on Facebook:

              .

              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














              Comment


              • #8
                I wouldn't think that Disney would need insurance. Their pockets seem big enough, especially since they rarely pay out claims. If an accident happens and the park is at fault, they pay, no questions. Can you imagine all the silly claims that would be made against them if it were otherwise? This is all just conjecture, of course.
                Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



                Do you MiceChat?
                Help support the site you love:
                -Visit the MiceChat store
                Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

                DMCA for life, yo.
                MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dramaqueen
                  I wouldn't think that Disney would need insurance. Their pockets seem big enough, especially since they rarely pay out claims. If an accident happens and the park is at fault, they pay, no questions. Can you imagine all the silly claims that would be made against them if it were otherwise? This is all just conjecture, of course.
                  And Disneyland gets petty sues enough as it is

                  Ah, I love my MouseTales books.

                  But yes, I am curious as well.




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dramaqueen
                    I wouldn't think that Disney would need insurance. Their pockets seem big enough, especially since they rarely pay out claims. If an accident happens and the park is at fault, they pay, no questions. Can you imagine all the silly claims that would be made against them if it were otherwise? This is all just conjecture, of course.
                    For dangerous rides like roller coasters I would think that insurance is a requirement in a theme park and it may be a law.
                    You have to insure your home and your car, why wouldn't you have to obtain insurance for a potentially dangerous ride?
                    They probably don't need it, but I bet they are still required to get it...
                    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here is my thought;

                      Since the ride is not being built in house, IE, The "Coaster" section of the ride was built by Vekoma, it probably needs to be insured from an outside source. Sure Disney settles claims every day, but they still have insurance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                        Here is my thought;

                        Since the ride is not being built in house, IE, The "Coaster" section of the ride was built by Vekoma, it probably needs to be insured from an outside source. Sure Disney settles claims every day, but they still have insurance.

                        Exactly!!! Thanks Sir for backin me up!!
                        A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Every place has insurance, if the park burnt down, they'd go to the insurance company :P






                          ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                          ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dosh also needs to come in and approve the attraction before non employees can ride.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hasent DOSH already approved the attraction?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X