Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a Second Diorama for the DLRR?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a Second Diorama for the DLRR?

Seems to me that the area behind the Big Thunder Ranch, just prior to the tunnel leading to the Toontown Station would be a great spot to place a second diorama along the Disneyland Railroad.

If this was feasible, what could we suggest?

Re: What about a Second Diorama for the DLRR?

it would be fun to keep with the frontierland theme and have a diorama of folk heroes like slue foot sue and pecos bill. that would be fairly easy because they have both appeared in a disney cartoon before. or maybe a toy story inspired diorama with jessie, woody, and bullseye.
    A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
    :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Answering your question with a question, not too helpful I realize. Do you think TDA would consider a diorama too "old school"? Not me, I think it would be awesome. It's an interesting suggestion, I wonder if they would consider doing it.

Off the top of my head, no ideas for what to put into a new diorama. If I think of something I will share it. (And that is why I am at home on my computer instead of working for WDI! )

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Do a global warming DIE o Rama...Have a big catastophe canyon water dump happen in front of the train and flood everything..
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I like the idea, being a big fan of the DLRR. But i would rather see them update the old dioramas first with new AAs in Primeval World and animals that actually moved in Grand Canyon.

However, what I have always wanted to see back in that corner of the park is a new attraction that really captures the spirit of Frontierland and the Old West the same way that POTC captures, well, pirates.

Imagine the trains entering a tunnel to come upon the attractions' big finale with rootin' tootin' outlaws in a shootout with the posse as the show's ride vehicles passed below. The DLRR would be both a preview of the attraction and part of the attraction at the same time as the passing trains could be incorporated into the show.

Ah, its fun to dream.
            Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Wouldn't it technically be the third diorama?......ie: Grand Canyon was #1 and Primeval World was #2.

That being said I do like some of the ideas above. For my part, I'd like to see some of scenes from The chronicles of Narnia done up into a diorama
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I think the Grand Canyon and Dinosaur dioramas belong more in Frontierland than they do between Tomorrowland and Main Street. I'd love to see them expanded and updated, and be part of a new attraction, utilizing that great space that's now hardly used in the back of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
                  I like the idea, being a big fan of the DLRR. But i would rather see them update the old dioramas first with new AAs in Primeval World and animals that actually moved in Grand Canyon.

However, what I have always wanted to see back in that corner of the park is a new attraction that really captures the spirit of Frontierland and the Old West the same way that POTC captures, well, pirates.

Imagine the trains entering a tunnel to come upon the attractions' big finale with rootin' tootin' outlaws in a shootout with the posse as the show's ride vehicles passed below. The DLRR would be both a preview of the attraction and part of the attraction at the same time as the passing trains could be incorporated into the show.

Ah, its fun to dream.
                  Ah, but this is pretty much what was in projected for WRE!!

River ride w/ AAs (think PotC; cowboys instead of pirates) with a
                  runaway RR ride (BTMR) and a real RR going thru it!

BTW. I agree that they should move the Grand Canyon to Frontierland, but
                  the Primeval World if need be, can stay (since there's time travel involved).
                  But I would really like a transition sequence.,,,, something like the TRON
                  tunnel into Space Mountain. (Steam Train thru Space *actually* isn't
                  weird if you're into Japanese Anime!)

So if I had my druthers... it would like this for DLRR in the TL section
                  1. TRON tunnel (space warp)
                  2. In Space Mountain
                  3. Black Hole effect
                  4. Primeval world
                  5. warp sound to come back to DL

Comment

How about a continuation after the dinosaurs about the evolution of man? THEN you could put in a creationists view ala The Simpsons.
                    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Train robbery could be fun... horses ride up with cowboys on them. Fits in with the land. Although the Old West famous/infamous characters idea was cool!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee
                        How about a continuation after the dinosaurs about the evolution of man? THEN you could put in a creationists view ala The Simpsons.
                        Exactly! Or show the true evolution of man:

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16
                          Train robbery could be fun...
                          No, Disney hates competition! :lmao:
                          "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                            I think the Grand Canyon and Dinosaur dioramas belong more in Frontierland than they do between Tomorrowland and Main Street. I'd love to see them expanded and updated, and be part of a new attraction, utilizing that great space that's now hardly used in the back of the park.
                            I agree, I think it should be moved over and maybe incorporated into another attraction on that side of the park. Then we could gut the old building and put in a Tron dirama!!!!!!!!
                            spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
                              As I thought about this later I was worried that it might turn that way -- a suggestion that they update the old ones first. But I *like* the old ones! I know they're old and funky, but I think that is *why* I like 'em. I guess it's like the Tiki Room to me, I really want it to stay the same. But I wouldn't mind seeing a new diorama in the OP's suggested location.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X