This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Shows of the Past...

One of the shows that I liked the most growing up was the Hunchback of Notre Dame show (Im sorta a youngin). I personally thought the show was great. Was I the only one? Anybody have some good pics? I wish I could go back in time and see and experience the old Disney.

Re: Favorite Shows of the Past...

The hunchback show was incredible!!! I have video of it. I miss it! My fave from the past is Dick Tracy Diamond Double Cross!!!
    sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
    Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

I remember loving the Dick Tracey show. I was young, and I remember something like a villian show where they had a giant spiderweb that actors crawled around on at one point. I know I hated Animazement, but thought that Pocahontas was wonderfully done and more exciting than the actual film.
      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

I miss the Golden Horseshoe Revue...:crybye:
        "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Animazment(sp?) Great show, plus, Eden Espinsoa before her rise to green skined fame.
          Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Comment

O ya, I forgot about the Pocahontas show. That was a good one. Great music too.

Comment

First post here...been reading these boards for a while now, but never got around to registering...

I loved the Beauty and the Beast show. That one was the first one I recalled really being impressed by. Also loved the Golden Horseshoe from when I was a kid.

Comment

Hunchback was definetly a fave, as were Animazement and Pocohontas. All had unique ways of telling the story without trying so hard to be avante-garde.

Comment

Best show ever was performed only once, July 16th, 2005 on the eve of DL's 50th Anniversary in Festival Arena. Live orchestra, singers/dancers, characters galore, show stopping numbers from each of the 5 original lands, Dapper Dans, Hula Gals, Fire twirling, Mogli and Baloo, cowboys and dance hall gals, salute to the original show of Wally Boag's, 4 of the original Mouseketeers performing, Alice and the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts and practically the full deck of cards wishing DL a verry merry unbirthday, he Carousel of Progress family "come to life", the princes and princesses, with a few video segements of Walt weaving it all together, all being performed all around, on the center stage and the 4 walkways that lead to the center stage. The most amazing show in DL's history.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Plane Crazy, Beauty and Beast, Dick Tracy, Pocahontas, Hunchback, and Animazement were great

Snow White, not so much . I never saw Mickey's Detective show and original Golden Horseshoe.

I'm planning to put up Plane Crazy, B&B, DT, and Pocahontas on youtube. Also Toon-Up, DCA TV Special, and Toontown TV Special. They were taped by my dad when I was still a kid and wasn't into Disney yet.

Does anyone have video of Animazement, Hunchback, and Indy TV special they can send me????? MY DAD DIDN'T TAPE THEM!!! I'm sad about that. I'll probably tape Snow White... that will actually be the first FLT production I will tape myself...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                    -Jurassic Park

Comment

My favorite was the Main street Electrical light parade when it was still on main street.
                      Other places you can find me:

Digg
                      Steam

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1
                        One of the shows that I liked the most growing up was the Hunchback of Notre Dame show (Im sorta a youngin). I personally thought the show was great. Was I the only one? Anybody have some good pics? I wish I could go back in time and see and experience the old Disney.
                        loved this show as well

Friends for life

Comment

i LOVED the hunchback show!!! it was my absolute favorite! can someone PLEASE post video of it? i will be eternally grateful!!! :beg:

i also liked the beauty and the beast show.
                          A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                          :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wickeddisneygurl
                            i LOVED the hunchback show!!! it was my absolute favorite! can someone PLEASE post video of it? i will be eternally grateful!!! :beg:

i also liked the beauty and the beast show.
                            I would also like to see videos of these two shows... anybody got one?

Comment

My favs from the past are without a doubt

1. Hunchback
                              2. Beauty And The Beast
                              3. Country Bears (you may call it an attraction if you wish but I loved it)
                              4. Pocahontas (sadly I never saw this in person only a video my mom shot)
                              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X