Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50th Event Info

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 50th Event Info

    I just got back from my 50th Event Breakdown and thought y'all might benefit from an overview. Disclaimer: These are only the highlights, times have been omitted because timing is not set in stone yet.
    May 3: BPB
    There will be a media only global preview @ they hyperion theater and DCAs Block Party Bash (which is looking really good by the way) will premier for the media

    May 4: MEDIA DAY
    Disneyland (as many of you know) will not be opened to the public at all on May 4. What many of you do not know, is that all guests not invited to the VIP/Celeb event will be cleared at about 5PM to allow for setup for may 5th. In any event, here is a list of the day's events:
    Live Radio remotes will be in place all day
    Parade of Dreams will Debut (once in the AM for everyone, once in the PM for celebs/special envited guests)
    Golden attraction vehicles will debut
    "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" will debut
    Celebrity Party will be in Toon Town
    Second party will be in Frontierland
    Final Party (Fairwell) will be in Towns Square
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Debutes (Celeb Appearances)
    Goo Goo Dolls Concert on Tom Sawyer's Island
    "Remember... Dreams Come True" Will Debut
    "Happiest Faces on Earth: A Disney Family Album" will debut.

    May 5: The BIG DAY
    Castle will be "Revealed"/50th Kicks OFF and Favorite Disney Characters Come Home

    It's going to be a once in a lifetime experience, and I can't WAIT! T - minus 6 DAYS!
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

  • #2
    Wow, I wish I was going on the 4th. On which day are they gonna do the announcement for the new attractions.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CaptainCM
      Live Radio remotes will be in place all day
      Parade of Dreams will Debut (once in the AM for everyone, once in the PM for celebs/special envited guests)
      Celebrity Party will be in Toon Town

      May 5: The BIG DAY
      Castle will be "Revealed"/50th Kicks OFF and Favorite Disney Characters Come Home
      Some minor changes and notes:

      May 3rd:

      * Appearance by Kelsey Grammar

      May 4th:

      * Live radio remotes will be at DCA.

      * Appearances by Tim Allen, Steve Martin, Julie Andrews (and maybe Dick Van Dyke) at events throughout the day.

      * Parade of dreams will not be having a special celebrity viewing, because of the gold carpet down Main St. It will run 2 times during the day.

      * The Toon Town area is more of green room with perks and less of a party. It's basically an A-List holding area until the VIPS walk the gold carpet.

      May 5th:

      * Don't forget the 70 piece orchestra that will be in the castle moat As well as Julie Andrews, Art Linkletter, Mike, Bob, Matt and Jay.
      ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fearsnda
        Some minor changes and notes:

        May 3rd:

        * Appearance by Kelsey Grammar

        May 4th:

        * Live radio remotes will be at DCA.

        * Appearances by Tim Allen, Steve Martin, Julie Andrews (and maybe Dick Van Dyke) at events throughout the day.

        * Parade of dreams will not be having a special celebrity viewing, because of the gold carpet down Main St. It will run 2 times during the day.

        * The Toon Town area is more of green room with perks and less of a party. It's basically an A-List holding area until the VIPS walk the gold carpet.

        May 5th:

        * Don't forget the 70 piece orchestra that will be in the castle moat As well as Julie Andrews, Art Linkletter, Mike, Bob, Matt and Jay.
        All correct, except of course, that the 'green room' is slotted to have several bars, eating areas and entertainment. Hardly a simple green room
        "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
        Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
        "
        -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CaptainCM
          All correct, except of course, that the 'green room' is slotted to have several bars, eating areas and entertainment. Hardly a simple green room
          LOL! Indeed!
          ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

          Comment


          • #6
            70 piece orchestra! what are they playing?


            it's all about the cellos
            pshhh i guess

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Treat
              70 piece orchestra! what are they playing?


              it's all about the cellos
              Guess! I'll give you one clue....

              Le Ann Rymes!
              "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
              Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
              "
              -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

              Comment


              • #8
                WOW, love the info, too bad I won't be there, gotta work, but I've got all summer to see the parade, fireworks, etc! Celebrities I won't miss at all, not a big celeb fan, except when it comes to Johnny Depp or Michael J. Fox (I know not Disney)! Too bad Johnny isn't showing up.......he should!
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!


                - Wolfette

                Comment


                • #9
                  think he won't?
                  "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                  Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                  "
                  -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CaptainCM
                    think he won't?
                    *cough*starofdeadman'schest*cough*

                    Sorry, I had something in my throat.

                    Gee, I wonder if Lindsey Lohan will be there? <wink, nod>
                    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They are filming here in So Cal.....gosh if so, anyone who's going....take lots of pictures!!!!!!
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!


                      - Wolfette

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X