No announcement yet.

Disneyland Slogans

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Slogans

I know not everyone (myself included) is too thrilled about the Year of a Million Dreams and the "Disney Parks - Where Dreams Come True Slogan." However, this got me to thinking about some of DL's previous slogans....

"Where Friends Share The Magic"

"Where The Party Never Ends" (The Worst!!!) :yuck:

Does anyone else remember the different DL slogans through the years?

I did like the slogan "Where The Magic Began." I also liked "Happiest Homecoming/Celebration on Earth." However, I think that the new slogan is not nearly as bad as some of the previous ones.

"The Happiest Place on Earth" - simple, recognizable; why can't we just leave it at that? :thumbup:
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 09-02-2006, 05:15 PM.

Re: Disneyland Slogans

Check Year of A Million Dreams What Are They Thinking? Thread.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Yeah, "The Happiest Place On Earth" is the best. "Where the Magic Began" is alright, too. The problem with Disneyland is that people know it as "The Happiest Place On Earth" ...Disney's past attempts at trying to re-brand the park/resort have all failed - from the new Resort logo, to the "Where the Magic Began" tagline.

The "Where Dreams Come True" slogan isn't going to work either. The public isn't going to buy into it, and although its only for a temporary promotion rather than a complete re-branding, it's not going to stick at all.

People know and recognize "The Happiest Place On Earth" ... It's an absolutely brilliant tagline and is decades-old and just shouldn't be messed with.

Even during the 50th, they changed the tagline to "The Happiest Homecoming on Earth" (and "The Happiest Celebration on Earth") and that worked very well too because people recognized the play on the tagline - and everybody ate it up.

"Where Dreams Come True" isn't horrible - it's a good slogan, but nobody is gonna buy it.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        "Where Dreams Come True" isn't horrible - it's a good slogan, but nobody is gonna buy it.
        Ha yeah, just what I was thinking. I'm gonna say 'Hey then where is my million dollars and the perfect husband?" )

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.