This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway Mania or Madness?

OK so by now most (if not all) of us here at MC know that there currently are plans in the works to build a new dark ride in Paradise Pier over in DCA

But I've been hearing this ride be called by two different names: Midway Mania and Midway Madness.

Does anyone here know if one of these names has officially been decided upon to use for the attractions title?

I just wanna set the record straight for my own benefit, since it seems like in one post I'll put Mania and in the next I'll say Madness lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Re: Midway Mania or Madness?

I've personally heard it was Midway Mania.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

It's Midway Mania.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

This link has it as Midway Madness.

This link has it as Midway Mania.

I'd say that the Midway Mania clearly carries the votes, but I can see what you mean about the confusion. I think Disney was looking for another attraction name that guests can mispronounce and be confused about.

Comment

The name has been changed to Midway Psychological Disorder Causing Spikes in Mood for political correctness.

Yeah... that one was a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain Toad View Post
            The name has been changed to Midway Psychological Disorder Causing Spikes in Mood for political correctness.

Yeah... that one was a stretch.

i dunno, MPDCSM has a nice ring to it, dont u think?
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

I thought that was just a working title anyway, rather than what the attraction will actually be called when it's done. Or is that just the case for the MGM version?

Comment

From what I had read in Al's column Midway Mania/Madness were just working titles.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Maybe they will call it "Generic Pixar Attraction" to match "Disney Parks."
                  Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

What about "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"? Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                      Maybe they will call it "Generic Pixar Attraction" to match "Disney Parks."
                      I thought they were calling it.. Disney madness based upon a disney presentation of a pixar film....

Comment

There was an old Disney show where Walt was talking about the Haunted Mansion. At one point he says out loud "what are we calling it?" because as most know, that attraction went though a lot of variations in its creation, and even WD apparently wasn't sure what they were calling it at that time. At this point, I don't worry about it too much.

Cheers.
                        Remember
                        What the dormouse said
                        Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                          I thought they were calling it.. Disney madness based upon a disney presentation of a pixar film....

Don't you mean "A Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios Film..." Watching the trip planning DVD for WDW, they say that so often that it just gets annoying. At least with the merger they can just say Disney/Pixar. I'm not to worried about a name at this point either. They'll announce one when they pick one. I'm much more interested in the technology involved in the ride as per the patent request.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Whatever they call it...its news to me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X