Sos (Golden Ears)

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sos (Golden Ears)

Hi all,
    I'm headed to Disneyland at the end of the week (yay!!) and one of the things I'm REALLY looking forward to is the GOLDEN MICKEY EARS! I was wondering if someone had any prices on them so I knew how much I'm gonna drop on 'em....any help would be hot.

Oh and I'll be there this weekend. Does anyone know if the embroiderie machines will still be there?

Thanks bunches!

Adult gold ears are $10.

Not sure about the embroidery machines.

For golden ears, youth and infant are $10.50. Adult are $11.50. Embroidery is free.
      The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Originally posted by mrmainstreet
        For golden ears, youth and infant are $10.50. Adult are $11.50. Embroidery is free.
        Whoa - they must have raised 'em after the first day they went on sale.

Thanks for the update!

Yes they did. The popularity of the golden ears was so overwhemling that this was the result. We had a guy pull two 8-hour shifts yanking all of the hats and manually replacing the price tag stickers to the new prices. By the end of that all of his fingers were covered in bandaids

The standard black mickey ears are still at the traditional price. On the whole you'll notice all of the 50th stuff being a little pricier. ie. $6 for the ol' blue autograph book, $6.50 for the new red 50th autograph book. A little here, a little there, it adds up.
          The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

The hand embroidery machines are still at the Mad Hatter on Main Street and in Fantasyland, also at the hat shop in Frontierland.
            Charlie :wave:
            MiceChat User #1037

I was looking forward to the Golden Ears too... then I saw the design on the front.

I wish they just had a simple classic Disneyland logo on the front rather than marching Mickey. The design on the front killed it for me.. I haven't bought any, and probably wont...

Oh well, 11 more dollars for something else, right?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for the help everyone! You guys rock!

I believe embroidery is free when you purchase the hats.
                  Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
                  After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

Yeah, I know it's included in the price...but I wasn't sure if the new "high tech" machines were gonna be in, or if I was gonna luck out and get the good old fashioned ones what color thread do they use I wonder?

It's white. I got a Peter Pan hat the last time i was there and the embroidery wasn't as hideous as I thought it would be...
                      A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

I was at DLR about a week ago and they also still had the hand machine at the Greetings shop in DCA.

Geez people... to clear it up once and for all, BRIAR PATCH IS THE ONLY SHOP WITH THE COMPUTERIZED MACHINE. And wow, shocker, it's not as hideous as you might have hoped. But if you all want to run around like the world is ending, you can run to all the other hat shops in the park.

Golden ears are $12.39 for adult sizes, $11.31 for kids. That's including tax. Thread is white. The hats are very fitted.

Hey now, they are ALL getting computerized ones. No need to lash out like that. Some people want hand-made names before they dissapear.
                            Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

um...okay....thanks I think. Sorry if I'm a poor college kid who whats to make sure he knows what to expect, especially since I've spent the last I don't know how long working my butt off in the college lunch room for this trip...

No I don't know what the machine ones will look like, but I thought I would just ask so I knew what to expect. I really appreciate your input, but if you don't like the conversation you don't need to bite people's heads off...I didn't think anyone was saying the world was ending

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.