This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Ghost Stories

Since halloween is coming I was wondering if any of the folks in micechat land had any true stories about paranormal experiences while at the Disneyland Resort. And no, the ghosts in the HM don't count. Unless it wasn't built by an Imagineer.

I was told of an experience a CM friend of mine had while cleaning below decks on the sailing ship Columbia. This CM is a big guy. His arms can crack people's heads like walnuts, not that he would -- being a decent guy and all. But this shook him up so badly he nearly wet himself. He doesn't believe in ghosts and all that. Maybe thats why his experience so completely freaked him out.

As I said, he was below decks working his way forward, cleaning as he went. It was late at night, with the park long closed and the steam hose crews were out hosing down the streets and walkways. Thats when he began to feel the hairs standing up on the back of his neck and that uneasy sense he wasn't alone. My friend figured it was another CM who was notorious for playing practical jokes and drinking on the job. (He was also the one who hid the bottles of whiskey that were discovered when the ROA was drained.) But just in front of the forward bulkhead he saw the faintest hint of swirling mist that slowly began to congeal.

At this point, my CM friend started getting a bit angry about (he thought) being made the butt of an elaborate practical joke. He began walking forward towards the bow and got two thirds of the way there when the mist formed into the person of a youngish Walt Disney. He stopped dead in his tracks, unable to move as the specter's eyes fixed upon him and then vanished.

The CM ran to where the figure had stood and the air was a bitter freezing cold. He didn't finish cleaning below decks that night. He simply went on to another task.

Have others witnessed similar things?

Re: Disneyland Ghost Stories

I was talking to a CM who was working at unload on HM. She told me that's she's seen/heard (can't remember which) a little girl crying near Little Madam Leota.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Someone did die, because of the sailing ship columbia.

Comment

Great story, Darian, and one I had not heard before. I believe there was another thread similar to this one recently, but I don't remember the title. But your story is one of the better ones I have heard.

Comment

There have been a number of threads on this subject. Here's one I found with the search feature.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...+ghost+stories
          Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

My cousin was a CM in the Golden Horseshoe. She told a good tale about a janitor that worked there for years and years. Then he died... but he still works.
            “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

To this day this stuff fascinates me, and hope to see something someday. Chances are if it's on the Haunted Mansion I probably wouldn't even notice lol. But I totally believe in a few of the stories, I have a couple, just not at Disneyland. I think I could die a happy man if I got to see Walt's ghost in the park. Then again...he's probably all P.O'd about how things are going, so maybe I don't wanna see him lol .
              sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Wow! Incredible first story! I haven't heard that one. I love stories like these. They're fun! Especially around this time of year. I know similar threads have been made, but I always like more with new stories. :P

Comment

Posted my story here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=902142 but I'll post it again....

Back in March of this year, after I got off of the HM I was heading back to POTC and just as I was passing the entrance to the mansion I felt someone TOUCH my left shoulder and my hair moved (there was NO breeze, btw). I immediately looked around and saw that there was no one close enough to me who could have done it.

I like to think that it was Walt and he was rushing to get onto HM.
                  Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

^lol wouldn't he rather want to go to POTC :P nice stories every1

Comment

The really disturbing part about the Columbia account was that my friend who I've known for years was so utterly freaked out. He's not one to make things up -and to be honest- he's a great guy but he just doesn't have the imagination to make something like that up. Plus he's always been one to tell the truth to a fault. Whatever it was he saw, it sure scared him something aweful.

MaleficentFan, that must have been some experience! Getting accosted on the HM! Aside from where people usually get accosted - when the stretching room turns black and some horn dog grabs you.

Say, demento57, I've gotta know! Did your cousin get to see the janitor apparition?

Comment

Walt Disney not only built his own railroad; whenever he was in the park, he was the CHIEF ENGINEER!

But when Walt wasn't around, that honor fell to Harley Ilgin--a huge bear of a man who had been a real steam engineer for the Santa Fe before coming to work for Walt.

In the days before political correctness, the railroad was a man's world. Only men ran the trains, and there were only men conductors. As a former railroader, Harley felt right at home. He even had special dispensation from Walt to be able to chew tobacco, which he was then free to spit in huge wads along the line. Harley was so good at spitting the tobacco juice, that you never wanted to get on his bad side if you ever had to be the front conductor--Harley's aim was that good.

Ol' Harley's favorite locomotive was the little 1894 teakettle we know as the Fred Gurley, engine No. 3. The engine had arrived at Disneyland in 1958, having worked most of its life on a Louisiana sugar plantation. The iron pony had charm, character and class, and whenever Harley was around, that's the engine he would run.

One night, however, Harley's luck ran out. While running the Fred Gurley through the Grand Canyon Diorama, he suffered a massive heart attack, passing away in the cab of the engine he loved so much.

But the engine soldiered on through the years, with other crews at the throttle.

Today, on dark, moonless nights when the air is warm and still, Ol' Harley seemingly climbs aboard his favorite steed, the Fred Gurley, silently and invisibly. As the engine pulls out of Toontown station and makes its way alongside Small World, several engine crews have reported that the engine's bell would begin moving by itself. It starts out slowly, rocking back and forth silently. Eventually, however, the bell begins rocking enough to elicit ringing...the mournful peals echoing off the Small World facade.

Some train afficionados might claim that this is caused by the engine "hunting" (rocking side-to-side on the track as it makes its way down the line). But we all know the truth--Old Harley Ilgin, the best engineer to ever run a train on the Disneyland Railroad, is in the cab--a "Hitch Hiking Ghost" as it were...letting today's crews know that little engine No. 3 is still his favorite gal.
                        Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-17-2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Steve, thanks for posting that one! Reading that just gives me goosebumps! It makes me wonder if the rumors that Disneyland actually has a presence and mind of its own are really true. We all have met people that the park didn't seem to like and its like they couldn't leave fast enough... like the park itself had rejected them. But thats another story. Thanks again Steve! Any sightings on the Mark Twain Steamboat?

I'm gonna watch that bell when I ride old number 3!
                          Last edited by DisneyDarian; 09-17-2006, 01:23 PM. Reason: for clarity

Comment

I dont know if she saw the Jantior herself, but experienced his hi-jinx.
                            “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

bump

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X