X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!

Quote:
    One family's vacation last summer turned into a bloody bedbug nightmare after a Mexican mother and two sons awoke to find themselves covered with bites during a stay at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort in California, according to a lawsuit filed yesterday in New York State Supreme Court.

http://www.nysun.com/article/41358

These little critters seem to be popping up all over the Resort district.

Re: Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!

all i can say is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Friends for life

Comment

Remember, you're just hearing one side of the story. I find it hard to believe with as many people that stay at this hotel, that this is the first we're hear about this. Literally thousands must have stayed there this summer, and I haven't heard a word about this till now...what does that tell you? All I'm saying is keep an open mind.
      As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

possibly enough people just thought it was gross and vowed to not stay there anymore, or complained to management, not enough to make it to the press. with the news stories i've been hearing recently about bedbug infestations in hotels and poor residences (some areas are thinking of prohibiting the sale of used matresses for example) i have no reason to doubt the validity of this one.

Comment

that just makes me want to bring my own sleeping bag.

(with my own bedbugs!)
          Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

Comment

Did the article mention why it was filed at New York State Supreme Court?

I understand that bugs in one's bed are undesirable, but if you put it in perspective, they are just part of life's minor inconveniences. Yes, hotels should do what they can to obliterate them but I wouldn't let it ruin my Disneyland trip! Come on people, haven't you ever been bitten by a mosquito? Have your kids gotten lice? It's only because they aren't very commonly encountered, we aren't emotionally desensitized to bedbugs.

Comment

That must suck.

Comment

Originally posted by poltergeist View Post
                that just makes me want to bring my own sleeping bag.

(with my own bedbugs!)
                :lol:
                Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

That's nothing, last year I stayed at one of the Red Roof Inns and my room had fleas :ceek: Thank goodness I had another part of my family staying at the Residence Inn!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

That is just gross.
                    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                      I understand that bugs in one's bed are undesirable, but if you put it in perspective, they are just part of life's minor inconveniences. Yes, hotels should do what they can to obliterate them but I wouldn't let it ruin my Disneyland trip! Come on people, haven't you ever been bitten by a mosquito? Have your kids gotten lice? It's only because they aren't very commonly encountered, we aren't emotionally desensitized to bedbugs.
                      Woah, hold on a second there. They are NOT "minor inconveniences". Do you know what bedbugs are? Do you know how emotionally traumatic they are? Do you know how difficult they are to get rid of? Do you know what it's like to know that every time you go to sleep little bugs are going to crawl all over your mattress, all over your skin, and suck your blood, leaving you with red welts like mosquito bites?

Last I checked, mosquitos didn't hide between baseboards of your house or in drawers. Ever heard of someone's home being fumigated for mosquitos? I sure haven't.

Lice only live in the body/head and can have eggs in the clothes that you wear. You shampoo, you wash your bedding, towels and clothes, maybe spray down a mattress, and whee, the bugs are gone.

Bedbugs do not live on the body, they live (and lay eggs) EVERYWHERE in your house. EVERYWHERE. Every single nook and cranny you can possibly think of, and thousands you couldn't, that exist in your house. That's where there are bugs and eggs are, which are waiting to hatch and crawl over your skin while you sleep and suck your blood.

They are attracted to food yes, and that food is YOU. Bedbugs have nothing to do with cleanliness, though certainly there are more nooks and crannies in a dirty house.

With lice, you can put things in a plastic bag and it'll kill everything in a month. With bedbugs, the little suckers can live for a year in a plastic bag with NOTHING TO EAT.

Do you know what it's like to go to someone's house from your house, or get into your car, and have to change clothes from a "clean bag" before entering that person's house, just because there may be bugs hiding in your shoes or clothes and you might accidentally infest THAT persons house?

Do you know what it's like when you try and kill them all after disposing of your mattress and clothing and fumigating your house and every time you feel a little itch, you think "oh my god, I didn't get them all, and I have to do it all over again?"

Did I mention they're fast little crawlers that like to hide out in the luggage that you open at a hotel?

Emotionally desensitized yet?
                      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

eeeewwwwww chernabog,gross!!!!
                        Originally posted by LlamaLover
                        Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Cruise Gal View Post
                          eeeewwwwww chernabog,gross!!!!
                          I first read that as "eeeeeeeeeeew chernabogs, gross!!!" :lol:
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I knew that the Castle Inn had BB's (and cockroaches among other things), but not the Fairfield Inn. Glad that we don't stay there anyway.

Ouch...

And disgusting.

Comment

We stayed there last winter and had no problems other than management trying to open a door to the room next to us at midnight. They made so much noise! I did get a free night out of it though.
                              sigpic
                              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X