This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey's Halloweentime Air Freshener

So I take Mrs. GG and our 2-year-old nephew to DL on Monday afternoon. Upon arriving at the toll booth at the M&F parking structure, I am given a pumpkin with "Mickey-ears" shaped hanging air freshener to commemorate Mickey's Halloweentime. The wife is happy because she thinks it's cute. I'm happy because it's free and because the parking structure doesn't look too crowded. I assume the nephew is happy because he's quietly sitting in his carseat making "spit-bubbles."

So we hang the cute, little Mickey air freshener from the rear view mirror and head out to the park. After several hours, we return to the car, and upon opening the car door, we proceed to be engulfed in an overwhelming blast of "pumpkinny/harvesty" fragrance. Nothing against the smell, but this was overly powerful. I'm talking "Autumn Potpurri on Steroids" powerful! "Senior Citizen Social Event" powerful! We had to roll all the windows down for the 30 minute ride back home just to get our olfactory senses back to normal. The air freshener now sits on our front porch, "airing out" for a while, so we can eventually put it back in our car for its intended usage. We're figuring sometime next Fall!

Anybody else get one of these with similar results?

Re: Mickey's Halloweentime Air Freshener

that's why you only cut a hole in the bag - then cut a little more as the smell fades!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
      that's why you only cut a hole in the bag - then cut a little more as the smell fades!
      Yup. Every freshener will overwhelm if you take it completely out of the plastic.

Comment

/\/\/\

Yes, that's how to do it!

(comes from personal experience...LOL)

Comment

but it doesn't look as cute hanging from a bag on your mirror!

I had that issue last year with the wonderful candy cane air fresheners. they were so cute and filled my automobile with a strong pepperminty scent for about one day, then the smell was gone.
          :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

I found the air freshener to be very powerful, and too musky for my tastes. My wife loved it, however.

Comment

Well, what do you know. You really do learn something new every day!

Any idea if they'll be coming out with a Churro or Dole Whip scented version any time soon?

Comment

How can someone who does not use the parking structure get a hold of one of these air fresheners?
                Foolish Mortal
                sigpic

Comment

They must have just started handing these out because we didn't get one on the 13th?

Comment

Originally posted by doombuggy driver View Post
                    How can someone who does not use the parking structure get a hold of one of these air fresheners?

Check the bushes and gutters just outside of the parking structure exits!

Comment

Originally posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
                      Any idea if they'll be coming out with a Churro or Dole Whip scented version any time soon?
                      They should make air freshners out of the scents they pump out at the park...popcorn cart...Main Street bakery...McDonald's fry stand...Soarin' piney, orange-ish wind (I would totally buy this one!)...Pirates' dank, must...

...just not the backed-up, Tomorrowland sewer.
                      Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                      Words hurt.

Comment

Im kinda hoping when I go on Sunday they are still handing them out.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I have like 5 of them lol they are powerful at first then they fade. Nice smell!
                          The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Originally posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
                            ...The wife is happy because she thinks it's cute. I'm happy because it's free and because the parking structure doesn't look too crowded. I assume the nephew is happy because he's quietly sitting in his carseat making "spit-bubbles."

...After several hours, we return to the car, and upon opening the car door, we proceed to be engulfed in an overwhelming blast of "pumpkinny/harvesty" fragrance. Nothing against the smell, but this was overly powerful. I'm talking "Autumn Potpurri on Steroids" powerful! "Senior Citizen Social Event" powerful! ....
                            :lmao: at your description... that sounds exactly like the experience Tool and I had! :lol: I was like, Aw, how cute, and he was like, Cool, freebie! We left it in the car for only a few hours, and BAM! the smell hit us like a slap in the face when we came back! We didn't like the smell, too vague... it wasn't quite pumpkin, it wasn't something yummy like pumpkin pie, it was just as you say, a "pumpkinny/harvesty" fragrance, and WAY too strong. Never had that problem with other air fresheners, and really, who hangs those in their plastic baggie? They should put warning labels on those things! :lol:

Ours is now in the trunk, where it wafts up still, weeks later, when we open it... it's fading, but not overnight!

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                            They must have just started handing these out because we didn't get one on the 13th?
                            We were given one literally the day of the MiceQuest, the 30th. I remember that specifically. When we came back the next day, though, we didn't receive one.
                            "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer )

Comment

Originally posted by Tooliebear View Post
                              We were given one literally the day of the MiceQuest, the 30th. I remember that specifically. When we came back the next day, though, we didn't receive one.
                              Not fair! I was there that day AND this past Sunday and didn't get one either time. I want one!!!! :beg:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X