Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding characters throughout the park.

i love seeing characters acually playing around in the park with visitors, on rides, playing games and such, and not just posing in pictures with them.

i've only see pictures of these things, but i never encounter such things when i'm acually at the park ! i just suppose i'm at the wrong places at tthe wrong times. i'd always see peter pan, wendy, and alice at the entrance of the park greeting people, but that's the closest encounter for me.

anyone know certain places and times we can find characters just interacting with the visitors ?
    sigpic

Re: Finding characters throughout the park.

If you mean like face characters riding the rides and such, I would assume its pretty random. I don't think there is a set time frame for when they do this.

Comment

Yah... what happened to the good old days of seeing Goofy riding on Dumbo or seeing Space mickey ride the astro orbitor?

I think they might not do it anymore so that some kids don't feel left out. How upset would you be if you were 5 years old and Chip wouldn't ride on Gadget's Go Coaster with you but you saw him riding on it with some other kid earlier in the day? And Dale, your second choice is nowhere in sight.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

We just asked Chip and Dale to ride with us. The CM went backstage and got permission and off we went. It was first thing in the morning and there weren't a ton of people around.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Yep, that's one way how! You can ask (and hope and pray) and maybe get lucky.

Or try our way...Just plain old dumb luck! hehe (actually, asking would probably work better...)

Our kids have ridden with a few characters over the years. The Mad Hatter on the teacups. Goofy on the Astro-Orbitors. Goofy on Dumbo. One of the Princesses on King Arthur's Carousel.

Also, Goofy was on a Rocket Rod that we were on once. Not particularly with us, but the same car.

It happens, just not too often (considering the number of guests in the Park).

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
            We just asked Chip and Dale to ride with us. The CM went backstage and got permission and off we went. It was first thing in the morning and there weren't a ton of people around.
            wow that's so awesome !

and would u get to stay in line with them too ? or would they get like special permission to go ahead and ride it ? i just thought that because i know the characters have a certain about of time to be out and whatnot.
            sigpic

Comment

Depending on the attraction, prior permission is required from the Attractions managers and is granted based on number of guest waiting for the attraction. Peak season isn't the best time to have 5 character and a family take up half the attractions capacity for something like the Teacups or Casey Jr... especially when wait times long. As far a finding out when and where particular characters are City Hall can get that information by calling the Toonfinder. But they never know if and when characters may get to be on an attraction.

Comment

I think there is usually a game of musical chairs at Coke corner (or somewhere along Main Street) with Alice, the Mad Hatter and who ever else shows up - often times Peter and Wendy, even the White Rabbit!!
                I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Alice and Mad Hatter do all sorts of random things. There were games of "Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Flamingo!" and Charades using Disney characters, attractions, and films. And then famous musical chairs at Plaza Pavillion or Coke Corner... which ever piano player was at that location.

Comment

Aww I feal left out I have see this in pictures before and never in person.
                    Other places you can find me:

Digg
                    Steam

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X