No announcement yet.

Here it is! Transcript of May 5th Celebration Ceremony

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it is! Transcript of May 5th Celebration Ceremony

Well, here it is! I typed out this transcript of the entire May 5th Celebration Ceremony. I thought this might be great for those hearing impaired or for those who really wanted it. This is my personal transcript so if you are going to use it on your websites somewhere, please just credit me Thank you and enjoy!!

-(Annoucer comes over the speakers)-

Annoucer: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the President Chief Officer and CEO Elect of the Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger.

-(Art turns to the plasma screen. The celebration promotional video plays. Applause follows)--(Tink flies up on the plasma screens. Tokyo Disneyland is shown and Somo Suzuki is on screen)--(Hong Kong Disneyland comes into view, Jacky Cheung is on screen.)--(Disneyland Paris comes into view, Gerard Depardieu is on screen.)--(Disney Cruise Line comes into view, Kermit the Frog is on screen.)--(Walt Disney World comes into view, Wayne Brady is on the screen.)--(The plasma screens show a preview of things to come to Walt Disney World. Art Linkletter returns.)-

Christina: Thank you.

-(Applause continues as Announcer speaks)-

Annoucer: And now, Ladies and gentlemen, it is our great honor to welcome a true Disney legend. Academy Award winner and the honorary Ambassador for our 50th Anniversary, please welcome the incomparable Julie Andrews!

-(The characters begin to come out)--(The little boy from the commercials comes running out of the castle.)

Wow, thank you for that. I was there that day, and reading that me chills cause I can still hear it all in my head. haha..

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

THANK YOU for such long post!! Will print and save!!!

(God, do I need professional help or what???)

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I didn't realize that Cinderella lost her slipper!
        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- --

Thank you for taking the time to put this all in print. I am starting a pretty long collection on Disneyland. This will be a wonderful addition.

Thanks again.
          Walt Disney World Vacation
          Jan 31, 2016 - February 6, 2016

Thanks you Rock....

Ooooo. Thanks! We couldn't see a thing from where we ended up on Main Street...thank you for taking the time!
     all began with a Mouse...

WOW, was just like being there. Thank you so very much for this post! Tears welled up in my eyes, since I was only there in spirit!
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I am so happy to read these posts!!!!! It is a great pleasure for me to share this, I had hoped that it would important to someone else too. When I was watching my video of the celebration, I kept thinking... How are people hearing impaired going to be able to know what is being said? As I continued to listen to it, there was several parts I don't remember hearing and I was there myself. I was too excited and emotional that day! I am just shocked that Disney themselves didn't release a transcript and that one couldn't be found. Well, at least now it can be

That was awsome, I'm glad I could read it since I couldn't make it! But... one question, I thought they didn't do the curtain drop on the castle? Could someone explain?

They did a curtain drop but it wasn't with the tower fixtures they had before, this time the curtain was sort of just 'draped' over the entrance.

That was fabulous! Thanks for sharing
                        Back to school back to school, to prove to dad Iím not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I donít get in a fight oh back to school....

Originally posted by wolfy999
                          WOW, was just like being there. Thank you so very much for this post! Tears welled up in my eyes, since I was only there in spirit!
                          Same here. Thanks.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I still think booing Eisner was very bad form. He was booed when they announced him coming onstage, correct?

Was that what was being said during the ceremony? :P I couldn't hear anything or see anything, even though I was there. Boo to the execs for making it a media event, a day AFTER a media day... wasn't that why they closed the park on the 4th in the first place?

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.