X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shag's new Disneyland Map

I just saw this on the Disney Gallery merchandise website:

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...&varPage=hotel

Do you think this is THE map that they are releasing in August? If it is, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's pretty pricey at $400. :botox:
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Wow I really like it...It reminds me of the old plastic bags they used to give out when you purchased something in the park. Defintly need to set aside some mula for this bad boy!

Comment

It looks like he just copied the cartoon map from the 1957 souvenir guide. The style is his but the layout and shapes borrow from the former. Very nice, but I'll drink my 400 bucks.
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I like Shag's style a lot and I think this map is cool looking. However, I have to laugh when I see the quote from him on the Disney Gallery site about this being the most complicated painting he's ever done. The wall maps Disneyland sells have a lot more detail and complexity than Shag's version. Still, it's very nice and I wish him much success.

Comment

Well durr. Shag's style is never very complex. That simple style of carefully arranged colour planes designed to evoke memories of '50s/'60s/'70s artwork is what makes him Shag. And hey, less is more, they say. Well, IKEA does.

Comment

I'm not oblivious to Shag's cool, retro, flat style. I just thought his comment was funny.

Comment

I think I prefer the detail on the new map. It reminds me of the early Sam McKim maps.
              Charlie :wave:
              MiceChat User #1037

Comment

D'oh, why can't I see it? There's a work filter for photos hotlinked from personal webspace... but if that's not the answer, where are you all seeing it?

Comment

I can't see it either.

Comment

I like it, i love retro Disney and has anyone seen the retro pins, way cool too! but 400 bucks is a little steep.
                    Come to the dark side,
                    we have cookies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X