This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about upgrading a 1-day pass to an AP

So in December a big group of my friends are going to Disneyland for our yearly trip. I finally got a sign from one of my girl friends (two words, different meaning) that she loves going and would go more often if she could afford it. So I'm resolved to be getting her an AP for X-Mas.

So my problem is that I want to get her this the day we're all there, and use the price from a 1-day ticket to save some cash. But I don't want her to know, as I want to keep it a surprise until x-mas.

So would this plan work?:

In the afternoon, borrow another friend's 1-day pass, go to city hall, say I want to upgrade this to an AP, but it's a gift and I don't want her to know about it. If I have all her address and information, would that work?

Also if I get her the SoCal AP, could she later like in a month or two upgrade to the Deluxe? Thanks

Re: Questions about upgrading a 1-day pass to an AP

I may be wrong but I don't think this would work. I think they require the actual person to be there to upgrade. Also when you upgrade to an AP it is valid from that day on, you can't have it start at a future date.

So you might also want to consider the following.

If you are going in the beginning of December and don't let her know until Xmas you have already lost a couple of weeks that she could use it. Also, the SoCal and Deluxe are blacked out the week between Christmas and New Years so the earliest she would be able to use it would be early January, thus loosing up to an entire month.

IMO it might be better that you either let her know it is an early gift or see if other friends would want to make it a group gift. If you give her an AP on Xmas that you did not upgrade then she does not have to go right away and it valid 1 year from the date she first goes. So if she does not go until Feb 1st she has 1 year from Feb 1st not December like she would otherways.

Comment

They also won't let you buy a SoCal AP without proof of that persons residence. This happened to me my first year and I had to go back with proof of address.
      I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Ahhh, okay guys, well thanks for all your suggestions. I guess I'll pass on the AP thing this holiday season, and worry about it again on her birthday a few months later.

Haha, now to figure out something for the holidays....darn.

Comment

There is a way to buy an AP voucher. Sorry that there's no easy way to rip Disneyland off.

Comment

Why not make it an early Christmas present?
            Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
              Sorry that there's no easy way to rip Disneyland off.
              There is, however, a staggering amount of ways for Disneyland to rip you off!
              Magic Journeys...

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
                There is, however, a staggering amount of ways for Disneyland to rip you off!
                True dat!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X