This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Disappearing Horses?

So, when the horses finish their shift pulling the streetcars, how do they get back to Circle D?

Is there a walkway that goes all the way around the berm? Do they walk behind Main Street and through the walkway between Fantasyland and Frontierland?

I'm assuming that they go backstage near the firehouse, but I've never actually seen it happen. Anyone care to enlighten me? Just curious - never even thought about it until today.

Re: Magic Disappearing Horses?

They actually walk a route similar to the Mickey and Friends Tram Route, just on the other side of the fence.

There is a "underpass" that goes under the Train Tracks on the west side of Main Street, then they walk behind the berm past Indy, Pirates, HM and Splash ride buildings, then past the main repair facilities to a place very close to where the gate is when you first make the "U-turn" on the tram, then off to the Circle "D" ranch.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Re: Magic Disappearing Horses?

We rode the streetcar from the castle down to the train station once on the horse's last trip and we hung around to watch the handlers retire the horse. It takes two handlers. They have to keep the crowds constrained, unhitch the horse from the streetcar, turn him around and walk him to the other end of the streetcar and rehitch him. Then he pulls the streetcar off on a branch of track and through a gate on the west side of Main Street. Some of those horses are pretty spirited and it seems like such a job to keep them in control while they're not hitched. I have nothing but respect for the handlers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X