This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching the Parking Lot Tram off Katella

Can you enter the parking lot from Katella (across from the convention center) and catch one of the Tramzillas? This would be for this Saturday. Also, how early/often do the trams run? (want to be at the front gates of DL at 7:30am -- btw is that early enough for an 8am opening?) Thanks!

Re: Catching the Parking Lot Tram off Katella

Originally posted by Werner View Post
    Can you enter the parking lot from Katella (across from the convention center) and catch one of the Tramzillas? This would be for this Saturday. Also, how early/often do the trams run? (want to be at the front gates of DL at 7:30am -- btw is that early enough for an 8am opening?) Thanks!
    You can enter the Timon parking lot and catch the Lion King Tram from the Katella/Convention Center Walkway entrance. The only problem is whether or not the Timon lot opens when you want to use the tram.

I know the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure opens at least an hour before park opening, but I'm not sure on the Timon lot.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
      Can you enter the parking lot from Katella

and catch one of the Tramzillas? (my emphasis, Andy)
      Now that is a name I've not heard I a long, long time. I remember way, way back when the new trams (the Tramzillas) first appeared, and both types of trams were running, a bunch of us started distinguishing between the old (blue and yellow) and the new trams by calling the new trams Tramzilla

Really brings back the old memories to hear Tramzilla again. Thanks for the memories!

CU@DL

Andy
      -
      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

If anyone does know when the parking lot opens - this would be great for me! We decided to stay at the Annabella (too many if's over the Ramada) - and I hate the ART.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

^Unknown, Disney has been opting to not open Timon on most days to cut costs and due to labor shortages.

Usually they will start by sending folks to the Mickey and Friends structure, unless it it is expected to be a very busy day. In which they start sending folks trying to park at Timon to Simba (which has NO Tram service), once they fill up Simba, then they start to use Timon, once it is full, they send cars to the Mickey and Friends structure.

By opening later, they can operate the Timon Trams less, saving operational costs and labor.

More than likely, you will not find it running at 7:30 AM, on a busy day, you might get lucky with the trams running by 10 AM.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I was more looking for it to go home - so, we should know by then if it's open or not!
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X