Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would YOU retheme Tom Sawyer's Island?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would YOU retheme Tom Sawyer's Island?

Ok...I realize that MOST of us would like the Island left as it is, or at least restored to its glory days. BUT if YOU had to retheme it, what would you do? Post your crazy ideas here...

My idea...

To make the Island fit in with the rest of the resort, I say let's Pixar it. Woody's Fort, Cave of Aliens, Buzz's Barrel Bridge.... that kind of thing. It wouldn't be anymore out of place than a Pirate Play Island on the River's of America.

Re: How would YOU retheme Tom Sawyer's Island?

I mentioned it in another thread - but make it NeverNeverland. Then you could have pirates, indians, caves, cool treehouses - it would be totally cool.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
      I mentioned it in another thread - but make it NeverNeverland. Then you could have pirates, indians, caves, cool treehouses - it would be totally cool.
      I like that idea!! That's awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Poor Frontierland! Where are the new Western themed attractions? Things seem to be taken away more than added. And with Fantasmic! eating up the island at night, the location is severely limited in options. But I really think they should keep it part of Frontierland. If they truly let NOS have it with a Pirate theme, at least do something amazing with the old BBQ picnic area.
        Yeehaw!
        Originally posted by All4dISNEY
        Words hurt.

Comment

Make it "Lost child island".

That way if you run into a bratty kid, you can have them exiled to the island until their parents can guarantee their unbrattiness!

In case of "teenagers", just send them to "Mime School".
          Can't do too much damage if they can't yell.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

And I know people love the Ranch, but that's prime realestate for a ride of some sort.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

My suggestion would be "Mystery Island." It would be a place of magic and surprises. I think it would be fun to change it up at times. During fall it could have a Haunted feel. During the rest of the year, it could still be a place where you did not quiet know what to find there. The key is to think as a kid would think. Kids love to look for buried treasure. Kids love to find mysteries or ghosts. All those could be on the island, even the presence of Huck and Tom!
              Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I don't think it needs re-theming - just REBUILDING. I used to have a blast on Tom Sawyers Island when I was a kid! It was one of my favorite places to 'run around' when I was a 'youngin'.

Comment

Make it pleasure Island straight out of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                    Make it pleasure Island straight out of the movie.
                    Pinnochio?

....And then they could sell Donkey ears and Tails and give all the kids cigars too!
                    HAHA

Comment

I'd add more Frontier to it, and leave it as it is. Never re-theme it.

Comment

A couple of pot plants, a lava lamp and mirrors - LOTS of mirrors. It just screams good taste.
                        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                          I'd add more Frontier to it, and leave it as it is. Never re-theme it.
                          Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                            If changes are going to be made I think that this idea has potential.

I really don't want to see it changed, just cleaned up and reorganized. Reopen the fort, etc.

Comment

I heard it was going to be rethemed as "Eminem's 8 Mile Island" featuring

Drive by Shootin' Gallery
                              Goofeez Phat Car Bounce
                              Big N-Jin J's Crack den
                              Lil' Becky's Hen House Revue
                              Tag-a-rock
                              LayZ Drawl Ranch
                              Po Po on Parade
                              Eminemporium Souvenir Trailer Park
                              Playa Academy
                              B. Rabbit's Grab N' Go
                              (where special "E ticket" Food Stamps are OK for liquor and cigarettes)

I don't really like the idea- maybe if they added some face painting booths it could be fun...
                              Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X