This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLR Cast member holiday party

My daughter started working at DLR this last summer and has really enjoyed working there (She works in the Parade Tech group). She just got her invitation to the cast member holiday nights and was told she could invite a guest. Since her father is such a disneyphile she decided to invite me. Does anybody know what goes on at these parties? Sounds like fun.
    Last edited by Mara; 11-14-2006, 09:34 AM.

Re: DLR Cast member holiday party

You have 2 choices.
    1. Mixer
    2. Cast member party.

Mixer includes paying guests and CMs.

Cast member party is DL for CMs and their guests.

We always choose #2.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

it's just a chance to play in the park, get some fun pictures, a parade, discounts on food, and a nice ornament...

Comment

they are alot of fun.. I iwll miss it this year. since I am not working for DCA anymore.. sigh (wish I didnt quit) ... it is a family thing and alot of fun

Friends for life

Comment

They usually do special things.. like turn the lights on while riding space Mountain in the last few minutes of the party.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            They usually do special things.. like turn the lights on while riding space Mountain in the last few minutes of the party.
            One year the lights were on for the whole party.
            Meh. I like it better in the dark.

Comment

Its a lot prettier in the dark..haha
              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
              ‚Äč

Comment

I dont think they will do it the entire time this year, it is still too new.

Comment

With the lights on you can see how not-fast you're going. I prefer a little anxiety in my rides.
                  I still have to ask my CM relation to take me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                    Really, its much better in the dark. Worked in TL for a few years and we used to do last rides with the lights on and no saftey restraints. Looking back, that was pretty stupid, but quite an adrenalin(sp) rush!

The party is a BLAST!! You guys will have a great time, enjoy!!

Comment

so cm's can take people to the cm party? i was told they couldn't... so i am a little confused...

Comment

Originally posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
                        so cm's can take people to the cm party? i was told they couldn't... so i am a little confused...
                        It might depend on your level. I know of at least two Burbank CMs (yes, they're CM's, too) that are allowed to bring one guest each. (And I'm sure there are plenty more.)
                        I think it might also have to do with how many deductions you take on your W-4. I can't see some CM with a wife and three kids deciding whom to take each year.

Comment

Your W-4 has nothing to do with how many actual dependants you have. Simply how much you want to deduct. People muck with it all the time to bias how much they want taken out now.. vs pay later, etc. Would be a very poor choice to make any assumptions on dependants based on W-4 forms.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                            Your W-4 has nothing to do with how many actual dependants you have. Simply how much you want to deduct. People muck with it all the time to bias how much they want taken out now.. vs pay later, etc. Would be a very poor choice to make any assumptions on dependants based on W-4 forms.
                            How about health insurance dependents?

Or, does someone simply say, "I want more CM party tickets than two"?

Comment

When you hire in, you list all your legal dependents, generally spouse and kids. At ticketed events, such as the Holiday Party, Little Monsters, or cast screenings, you're given tickets for all your listed dependents. If you don't have any dependents, you're given one extra ticket for a guest.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X