This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best (and Worst) Candlelight Narrators

So, Hubster and I were discussing this year's Candlelight narrators and naturally started to throw out names of other actors that would suit. Then, we naturally began throwing out names of actors that wouldn't suit.

I naturally knew that this had to be a Micechat thread.

Hubster votes for Patrick Stewart. I vote for Ian McKellen.
    As for who we wouldn't vote for...Hubster says Christopher Walken; he would frighten the children...and many adults. I say Keanu Reeves; dreamy, yes, but an excellent reading voice, no.

Who would you vote or not vote for?
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Re: The Best (and Worst) Candlelight Narrators

Best: Peter Cayote - Best voice over actor that everyone knows, yet no one remember's his name. Why? Cuz, you are not distracted by his celebrity...

Worst: "Bobcat" Goldwaith. You are WAY discracted by his celebrity... Repulsed even...
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
      Hubster votes for Patrick Stewart. I vote for Ian McKellen.
      As for who we wouldn't vote for...Hubster says Christopher Walken; he would frighten the children...and many adults. I say Keanu Reeves; dreamy, yes, but an excellent reading voice, no.

Who would you vote or not vote for?
      Okay I've never seen it BUT for reading voice - I would say Helen Mirran or Julie Andrews

For NOT reading I'd have to say Al Pacino or Antonio Banderas - Now I like Al Pacino and I think he's an exciting actor (favortie movie is Searching for Richard) BUT I don't see him in the spot for this -
      Spell Binding Books
      http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
      The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
      We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
      Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
      Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Best: Ralph Fiennes (squee!)
        Worst: William Shatner

Comment

For best: I agree with what's been said above, just want to add James Earl Jones.
          Worst: Larry the Cable Guy & Eddie Murphy; both are funny comics, but so are there voices.
          - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by tnicnat View Post
            For NOT reading I'd have to say Al Pacino or Antonio Banderas - Now I like Al Pacino and I think he's an exciting actor (favortie movie is Searching for Richard) BUT I don't see him in the spot for this -
            Hubster mentioned Al Pacino, too! All I could think was...
            "Say hello to my little friend..."
            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
            Words hurt.

Comment

Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James Earl Jones, Keith David (goliath from gargoyles) would all be my top choices.

worst: Kevin Federline, Jessica Simpson, Brittney Spears, Snoop Dogg, ....basically any pop star or rapper.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                For best: I agree with what's been said above, just want to add James Earl Jones.
                Worst: Larry the Cable Guy & Eddie Murphy; both are funny comics, but so are there voices.
                I all I think of for Larry the Cable Guy is 'My name is Mater, like Ta Mater without the Ta' LOL

You know that Larry the Cable Guy is extremely educated and has no accent - I saw an interview and had to do a double take cause Larry was as normal as you and I
                Spell Binding Books
                http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Yeah, i've heard that, but I also have a hunch he wouldn't dare be in a public event at DL and not have his accent.
                  Last edited by horizonsfan92; 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM.
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by tnicnat View Post
                    You know that Larry the Cable Guy is extremely educated and has no accent - I saw an interview and had to do a double take cause Larry was as normal as you and I
                    I bet he is going to live to hate that one day...

He might even be hating it already...

But you know it is difficult to do a "dumb" character when you have an expansive vocabulary that is well educated? It ain't easy...
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Best: Christian Bale and Ioan Gruffudd, LOVE the sound of their voices and totally undistracted by celeb status.

I agree on Keanu. Good enough actor (when in the right kind of role) but I wrote a WHOLE paper on how he could improve and the main thing was that he NEEDS a speech therapist. He would have a lovely voice if not for the remnants of the Bill & Ted speech pattern.

Ian McKellan is also a good choice. Great voice, but a tad too Twilight Zone-ish for me in terms of mixing stuff I like.

Worst: LINDSAY LOHAN! PARIS HILTON! CELEBUTANTS (celebrity debutants, it's a trendy new word that fits) ANYONE who is a fad or is famous based on their tabloid talent and not their below-par skills. George Clooney and Brad Pitt also fall into this category. I could go on for ages...
                      My mind won't rest
                      and I don't sleep
                      Not even in my dreams...
                      -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                      written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                      1985-2005

Comment

how about that guy from DIRTY JOBS on Discovery Channel...Mike Rowe???
                        He has a great voice....he does a lot of voice over on Discovery.
                        Jason

Comment

Best voices: Gotta agree with James Earl Jones and Patrick Stewart

Worst voice: By far......Gilbert Godfried

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound View Post
                            Best: Peter Cayote - Best voice over actor that everyone knows, yet no one remember's his name. Why? Cuz, you are not distracted by his celebrity...
                            One of my favorites. I have loved him since E.T. He has a great voice.

Comment

One of the worst, who was actually a narrator from several years ago, was Edward James Olmos.

Now...at first glance, you would think he'd be awesome.

But the man LURCHED off of the script, fumbled more than a few lines, and then made several extemporaneous comments that SORT of related to the script...and sort of didn't. :blink:

Nearly killed the conductor and several of the Disney suits in charge of the show.

On the other hand, one of the BEST narrators I've ever heard read for Candlelight was Michael York.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X