Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod Miller?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rod Miller?

    Does anyone know how Rod Miller is doing? I've not seen him in a long time and I heard that he was recovering from back surgery. When is he returning?
    -TIA

  • #2
    He's had a long history of back problems and had one surgery a few years ago. Hopefully, he's fine and we'll be able to enjoy his entertaining charm and wit when we go to the park on Memorial Day. We live in Washington state, so I'd love to hear from his army of followers if they know anything about his health.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

    "Which one's Will?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmm.. My family is good friends with Rod, hadn't heard anything about his back. I'll have to ask.

      Comment


      • #4
        Please Be OK!!

        YES ! ! !
        PLEASE find out how Rod is doing or when he will be back I do miss him ALot, im about to wear out my CD i bought of his.

        Please post and let us know what you find out.
        "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
        But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
          Hmmm.. My family is good friends with Rod, hadn't heard anything about his back. I'll have to ask.
          Thanks. It means a lot to us to visit with Rod when we go to DL each year. I'm sure he's just 'playing' at remembering who we really are, but it's great to talk with him and just enjoy his wonderful talent. I sure hope he's well.
          "Fire at will, boys!"

          "Which one's Will?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by InspiredByWalt
            I'm sure he's just 'playing' at remembering who we really are
            I asked him about that once, and he insists that he really does remember people. I only have ever caught him once pretending to remember someone he really didn't.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PirateJohn
              I asked him about that once, and he insists that he really does remember people. I only have ever caught him once pretending to remember someone he really didn't.
              We've "hung out" with Rod many times. He remembers. I've even "caught" him smiling at us as we've walked down Main St. on our way somewhere else. When we came back to listen to his music, he already knew we were there.
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


              When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

              Comment


              • #8
                Rod had a surgery a couple months ago that caused him some problems. I believe there may have been a recent follow-up surgery to try to solve the problem. I'd anticipate it being at least another 4-5 weeks, assuming a 6-week recovery, which other than this last time, has been the norm.

                Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                Comment


                • #9
                  I also hope that Rod is doing well. During my time there I had a chance to spend some time w Rod, as so many CM's and guests have over his years there. In the mid-70's I worked at Plaza Pavillion, right next to good old "Coke Corner". I know that constant requests to play Marvin Hamlisch's "The Entertainer" drove him more than slightly batty at times...although he'd almost always comply...usually with an errant note here and there, just to maintain his sanity I think.
                  He once told me that his favorite thing was, if a guest asked him if he knew "The Sting", he'd respond - "Oh, do you mean that song from the movie "The Entertainer"?
                  Anyway, years after I left the park I would come back to Rod's corner, and of course he'd give me that smile - and usually address me BY NAME - even after he hadn't seen me for years.
                  The most off-the-wall thing I ever heard him play was a ragtime piano version of the Beatles' "Norwegian Wood". The man is so versatile. And he does it all by ear.
                  I. too, wish him nothing but the best and hope that he's back playing "The Sting" (lol) really soon.
                  Barry Turnbull
                  CM 1974-1982
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morrigoon
                    Rod had a surgery a couple months ago that caused him some problems. I believe there may have been a recent follow-up surgery to try to solve the problem. I'd anticipate it being at least another 4-5 weeks, assuming a 6-week recovery, which other than this last time, has been the norm.
                    Thanks for the update. We really miss him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Morrigoon
                      Rod had a surgery a couple months ago that caused him some problems. I believe there may have been a recent follow-up surgery to try to solve the problem. I'd anticipate it being at least another 4-5 weeks, assuming a 6-week recovery, which other than this last time, has been the norm.
                      Thanks for letting us all know. Rod is a fabulous part of Disneyland that shouldn't be missed by anyone. What's really great is that his admirers range in age from the very young to 'the young at heart'. What a great testament to his presence and talent.

                      I figured that because my wife is <bragging husband>gorgeous</bragging husband> that he remembered us. Seriously, I'm grateful to know that he really does remember folks, and I really am greatful to hear any more news about his recovery.
                      "Fire at will, boys!"

                      "Which one's Will?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The memory is real. I wish I could get faces and pop up the names 5 minutes later, let alone 5 years - I have to warn new bosses about that one, or they get really annoyed when I can't get their name memorized for a day or two.

                        Rod's surgery to relieve a pinched nerve wen't fine, but as I understand it they've had to go back in for a few minor follow up procedures. I won't go further into it than that, because even if I knew the answers it simply wouldn't be polite to discuss them in a public forum - I'm pushing the boundaries by saying this much. If you want more details, wait till he gets back and ask him - the topic is not off limits.

                        A few close friends (I''m not sure how 'close' I rate, but I was in on it) managed to pull off a surprise birthday party for him last week :bow: and Rod's looking good. If all goes well, he plans to be back sometime in mid July - I'm hoping before the 17th, but keep your fingers crossed...

                        --<< Bruce >>--
                        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bruce Bergman
                          The memory is real. I wish I could get faces and pop up the names 5 minutes later, let alone 5 years - I have to warn new bosses about that one, or they get really annoyed when I can't get their name memorized for a day or two.

                          Rod's surgery to relieve a pinched nerve wen't fine, but as I understand it they've had to go back in for a few minor follow up procedures. I won't go further into it than that, because even if I knew the answers it simply wouldn't be polite to discuss them in a public forum - I'm pushing the boundaries by saying this much.

                          A few close friends (I''m not sure how 'close' I rate, but I was in on it) managed to pull off a surprise birthday party for him last week :bow: and Rod's looking good. If all goes well, he plans to be back sometime in mid July - I'm hoping before the 17th, but keep your fingers crossed...

                          --<< Bruce >>--
                          And I'm not interested in knowing anything more than Rod is on the mend after the procedures. We won't see him as our yearly trip to DL is next weekend, but I'm glad to hear he'll be back where we love to see and hear him.

                          Thanks Bruce!
                          "Fire at will, boys!"

                          "Which one's Will?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bruce: I don't think you pushed the issue there, that was a perfect explanation (better than I could do, given that I haven't run into S. in a while)

                            Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Morrigoon
                              Bruce: I don't think you pushed the issue there, that was a perfect explanation (better than I could do, given that I haven't run into S. in a while)
                              Thank you and Bruce both for the info. I was worried that maybe all was not well with his health or that he decided to retire (Gasp!) because they moved the piano or something. I've been so out of the loop because I lost (rhymes with cherry )'s email address. So glad to hear that he's on the mend. I can't wait to see him again - how fun!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X