Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Solve the Problems with Stroller Parking?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Solve the Problems with Stroller Parking?

Some of the main issues are: (1.) the parking areas use valuable real estate; (2.) guests sometimes do not use the designated spaces; and, (3.) the strollers, themselves, can create an unsightly mess.

Re: How to Solve the Problems with Stroller Parking?

1) Cap the amount of strollers by the amount of visitors in the park at any given time

2) Only allow Disneyland strollers into the park. That way we can reduce clogging in congested areas as well as curb the need to use strollers as life preservers

3) Since the strollers would be used to only hold the child, make the strollers collapsible/stackable. When stroller users want to get on an attraction, give them a ticket that corresponds with their stroller number. Store the stroller backstage and return it after the ride is over

4) Charge a hefty fee for using Disneyland strollers

5) Lower the price of lockers

Pros: Less traffic and congestion, better immersion of atmosphere, increased revenue because guests will use the lockers to store all their crap stuff. Paradigm shift in the way society feels about strollers :lol:

Cons: Parents will flip over not being able to use their own strollers, and because of the price.

Comment

Or.....look the other way?

We spent a week at Disneyland from park opening til closing and I didn't notice a "problem" with stroller parking.

I also spent 9 years bringing a stroller to Disneyland and parking was never an issue.

I don't get the issue?

Can't wait til you guys have kids. :lmao:

Comment

I've went to the park with young kids before and never had to use a stroller. I worked as a camp counselor and had an army of 4-5 year olds with me, and I often take my 4 year old cousin to Disneyland, so... that "parent" excuse doesn't fit that well with me.

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
          I've went to the park with young kids before and never had to use a stroller. I worked as a camp counselor and had an army of 4-5 year olds with me, and I often take my 4 year old cousin to Disneyland, so... that "parent" excuse doesn't fit that well with me.

YMMV.
          4-5 year olds often don't use strollers. So yeah, you probably wouldn't need one in the instances you gave. Huzzah to you.

But a family with young kids in town for more than a day or a few hours is most likely going to need a stroller at some point. It's much cheaper and more comfy for the kids to use your own, instead of renting a cheap collapsible stroller from Disneyland.

I get so tired of people who don't have kids judging people for using strollers and needing to park them. Duh. You can't take your stroller on it's a small world, and that's a ride that young children tend to love, so yeah, there are going to be strollers parked outside. Common sense, not a problem.

Comment

Have one designated area in each "land" where strollers are allowed to park. Not too far out of the way, of course. IASW and POTC have their own giant spots.

Comment

Instead of arguing over whether or not there is a problem, why not offer constructive ideas to solve those issues I cited? This thread posed a fairly straightforward question.

Comment

Now, I don't have kids but do have a question. Last week when I was at the park we saw probably 100-150 strollers outside of IASW and how exactly does one find theirs in the sea of strollers. What if yours is in the middle then you would have to lift it out or crawl in to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                  Instead of arguing over whether or not there is a problem, why not offer constructive ideas to solve those issues I cited? This thread posed a fairly straightforward question.
                  I didn't see SoulQ's post as constructive ideas.

sediment's ideas, however, seem very constructive and appropriate.

As far as strollers using "valuable real estate" I'd love an example. And being unsightly, they're not going away, so you have to get over it.

Stroller parking cannot be a fixed, non-moveable area. Walkways and queue areas are fluid and ever-changing, depending on events and crowd flow.

Disneyland is small and can be crowded to us grown-ups but large to little people. Little people need their own little people movers to make their days at Disneyland a bit easier to manage.

That's just how it is.

Comment

I think strollers should be parked backstage or at least off the walkways. Not only would it be more aesthetically pleasing, it would relieve congestion.

Of course, you'd have to eliminate people leaving their personal items on their stollers (although they do that anyway currently).

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfnatc View Post
                      Now, I don't have kids but do have a question. Last week when I was at the park we saw probably 100-150 strollers outside of IASW and how exactly does one find theirs in the sea of strollers. What if yours is in the middle then you would have to lift it out or crawl in to get it.
                      And your stroller may get moved while you're on Small World, so you have to search a little, then you move other strollers to get yours out. I've never had a problem finding mine or getting it out though. It just takes a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfnatc View Post
                        There is a CM (there was last I botherred with a stroller) whose job it is to organize the stroller pile, create lanes and such.
                        Find yours by attaching a ballon or wild-colored string. The rentals have renters' names on them. Still, addding balloon or wild-colored string is helpful.
                        I had it easy at IASW: wife went on with kids, while I guarded the stroller.

Comment

Question:
                          Is the parking area in front of POTC only for parking your stroller there while you are on POTC? Or can you leave it for as long as you want?

If it's the latter, I think the areas should be monitored by CMs (not that they don't have enough to do already) to make sure people aren't leaving them there forever... It might cut back on the number of strollers there.

Comment

GC--
                            We used to (love being able to say "used to!") park in one land for the time we were there. The baby would get carried from ride to ride or the little one would walk, if they could make it.

New Orleans Square is a tough one--it's congested as it is. We definitely found one parking spot and left the stroller there, sometimes we didn't even take it all the way to Splash if it was really crowded. Sucky.

There is sometimes a CM who moves and monitors the strollers in that area. It was necessary last year mid-December when we were there and the park was hitting capacity a few days in a row.

Non-stroller people have to understand that it's not the most fun (or easy) thing in the world to navigate a stroller and your family through Disneyland.

We parents of young children do not strive to make Disneyland unsightly or take up prime real estate. We're just moving our family from land to land.

Why do I click on stroller threads? :evil:

Comment

Anyone have any other solutions? Obviously as the number of people that visit Disneyland grows, and the park itself doesn't, something's going to have to give.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X