Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot included!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot included!

I was watching a preview for Disney's new movie "Meet the Robinsons" on the Pirates 2 DVD when in the corner of my eye I spotted the Rocket Jets in a futuristic scene. I played it back, and the next time I noticed Space Mountain.

These are cool references!

Re: ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot includ

That scene was actually forced into the movie by Disney's marketing team in the hopes that, should the movie turn out to be even moderatly sucessful, they could create a cheap Meet the robinsons ride in tomorrowland. The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".

Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Although this was all done before the Pixar buyout so although that scene and the song will still be in the movie. I hope the synergy people have less control over future animated features.

Comment

Re: ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot includ

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
      That scene was actually forced into the movie by Disney's marketing team in the hopes that, should the movie turn out to be even moderatly sucessful, they could create a cheap Meet the robinsons ride in tomorrowland. The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".

Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Although this was all done before the Pixar buyout so although that scene and the song will still be in the movie. I hope the synergy people have less control over future animated features.
      Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
      "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
      -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
      -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Wow, that's interesting. Is this information from a reliable source?
        Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
        [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".
          [sarcasm] Great [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
            [sarcasm] Great [/sarcasm]
            Wonderful [Even More Sarcasm]
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

In this era of "synergy," where every division of Disney is supposed to help the profits of every other division, I am not surprised that the references to Tomorrowland are "forced" into the picture. Frankly, when I see those references, I think of OLD Tomorrowland. The one before 1998 when it was screwed up by Disney Management. That was when Tomorrowland really was about the future.

I really want Meet the Robinsons to do well, but I don't want a ride in Tomorrowland from the movie. That would be just weird! Just bring back a Tomorrowland that really is about the future, a really cool future.
              Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Maybe we'll get the Rocket Jets back?!
                Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                - me too!

Comment

^ I wish.... but the astro jets aren't too much different... same thing actuall, just gold paint...

Comment

Personally I think it's funny!

Just because Disney takes a stab at itself it doesn't mean that a change is coming. Take Lester's Possum Park from A Goofy Movie for example. If anything we lost the attraction that it parodied soon after.
                    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

I still find it unny...calling it today lad....is actually them mocking there own troubled land.....it is like the middle child of the lands....stuck between main street and fantasyland...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
                        I still find it unny...calling it today lad....is actually them mocking there own troubled land.....it is like the middle child of the lands....stuck between main street and fantasyland...lol
                        The joke is that "Todayland" is located in what is considered our future.

ha

ha

I'm dead inside.
                        “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Where did this info come from? Everyone at WDFA that I have talked to said it was a joke they tossed about when this film was in pre-production that they kept because everyone loved it. This is really no different then putting it's a small world in Lion King as a tribute to the parks, but making fun of pop culture at the same time.

J
                          Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                              ^ I wish.... but the astro jets aren't too much different... same thing actuall, just gold paint...
                              yea for the most part , but when i was at WDW in October , i can tell you there is a world of difference between riding the astro orbiter on the ground at the entrance of tommorowland , and riding the rocket jets up high on the platform like they are meant to be ridden at WDW

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X