This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockin' Both Parks

Does anyone know if this promotion is intended to function as an annual event like "it's a small world" Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday do?

Re: Rockin' Both Parks

I doubt it. I think it's a way to still bring people in while a lot of their more popular rides are going to be down for refurbs.

Comment

this is a really bizarre promotion i think. i thought originally they were gonna do it for the Year of A Million Dreams, as in the entire year, but instead they've just created some sort of layover that has nothing to do with anything really (i.e. HMH has to do with Christmas/Halloween; IASW Holiday has to do with Christmas). i guess they are trying to test its popularity?

either way, it should hopefully be interesting.
      Check out my Mickey Mouse Cartoon Blog!!

Comment

Please don't give Disney any ideas.

Comment

It was a popular feature during Grad Night, and I think they wanna see if it retains its charm if you happen to be sober.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
            Does anyone know if this promotion is intended to function as an annual event like "it's a small world" Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday do?
            Nah, it is Baxter's way of confirming that WDI is intelectually bankrupt. By making you think that they are building new attractions, when they really arn't you see...

Kinda like that costume I was going to by and fool people into thinking that I own more than one by changing the gel colors on my spotlight....
            Check out my other blog:

Comment

Why can't any of you just think in the lines of...

"Hey they are updating a ride that has been basically the same for 5+ years, neat lets ride it in a new way!"
              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
              ​

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                Why can't any of you just think in the lines of...

"Hey they are updating a ride that has been basically the same for 5+ years, neat lets ride it in a new way!"
                I did think of it...

but then I said, "Nah..." because Space wasn't open continuously for the last 5+ years, and Screamin' isn't popular enough to warrent the change in said "marketing frenzy..."
                Last edited by cellarhound; 12-27-2006, 03:43 PM.
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                  It was a popular feature during Grad Night
                  I was under the impression that the kids thought it stupid, but liked the personal message Disney put in just for them.

I heard from more then one person that:

"It was too light."

"Hooba...stink sucks"

"It was slower then usual" (A reference to it being too light I guess.)

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                    Yes. New signage is being made too that will be installed. Unless the promotion completely bombs or has alot of negative press, expect it to be a new 'off-season' promotion like the successful HalloweenTime.
                    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

When does it start again?

Comment

I'd rather see Rockin' Jungle Cruise! Rhinos in strobe blastin' "Welcome to the Jungle."

"Alright everybody, we're now in an Egyptian River, if you don't belive me you're in de Nile"
                        Everybody in the market place say heeeyyoooo heeeyyyyooo, walk like an Egyptian.

"Looks like that group of gorillas got the jeep to turnover."
                        I ain't happy, I'm feeling sad, I've got sunshine in a bag

“Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                          Yes. New signage is being made too that will be installed. Unless the promotion completely bombs or has alot of negative press, expect it to be a new 'off-season' promotion like the successful HalloweenTime.
                          Seems logical to me. Remember, Disneyland never needed excuses to do promotions in the past (See: State Fair Days, Disney Afternoon Avenue) And if it brings in enough people, then keep it. To Disneyland, the locals are the most important, and whatever brings them in means more money for the parks.
                          -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
                            When does it start again?
                            Wednesday, January 3rd and will last thru April 26th, which will match up with the new SoCal Ticket Special, and will be basically be the Local Marketing push, with lots of TV, Radio and print ads p;ugging the rides and the ticket offer.

And more than likely, it will be the return of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" offer, when they say something like "You can Rock both Parks for the price of one"
                            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Only till april 26th? Oh thank god!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X