X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Crowds?

I don't know whether or not this has been discussed yet, so sorry if it has

I've never been to DL or DCA for the New Years Eve festivities, and have always wanted to... ...Not to mention that I'm not too keen on sitting at home with my parents and playing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Monopoly for the second year in a row...

Since I'm a Deluxe AP, I would have to pay for the blackout charges, which is no big deal. But does anyone suggest when I purchase these tickets? Can't I purchase them in advance? I won't be able to make it there till around 6 or 7, so is the fireworks view from DCA just as good as Disneyland?

Thanks!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Re: New Years Crowds?

If you wait til 6 or 7, you might not be able to get in. I would suggest getting in much earlier

Comment

Umm.....in general you should buy your tickets as early in the day as possible......New Year's Day is the WORST day to be at Disneyland for. You are literally a sardine.

If you're ok with that, then you'll have a squishing and long waiting in line good time.

Bye.

Comment

It's generally the wrost crowded day of the year! And since this year the weather will be perfect (the last 2 years it's rained on NYE, making it rather miserable), I'm sure the crowds will be even worse, if that's even possible. But hey, I'll be there with my best friend and my partner, celebrating and having a ball. See you there!!
        Love Is An Open Door
        :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

Pray for rain and go early. The rain will keep the crowds away during the day. Of course during the night it will get super crowded no matter what happens.
          If I can't be a good roll model at least let me be a bad example.

Comment

Get tix at a retail store if possible, or online (in my area, you can buy them in grocery stores); it's a loooong line for tix. Also, re-entry will be suspended first if capacity is reaching maximum, so limit trips outside the parks--have fun and good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
              Pray for rain and go early. The rain will keep the crowds away during the day. Of course during the night it will get super crowded no matter what happens.
              Rain??? Bite your tongue!
              Love Is An Open Door
              :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

what is it like new years day??
                OLM!!!
                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Blockout tickets are only good on the day you purchase them, so you'll need to get there early-early.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                    Blockout tickets are only good on the day you purchase them, so you'll need to get there early-early.
                    can you purchase them at a disney store and use them the same day?
                    OLM!!!

sigpic

Comment

I think blockout tickets are only available at the park. Regular tickets can be purchased at the Disney Store, but on a day like that, still don't guarantee you'll get in.
                      A signature should go here.

Comment

I guarantee that it will be chaos at least by 5pm. The park will already be full by lunchtime and by 5pm people will start to camp out for their spot for the fireworks...I kid you not. We have to literally scream to people to keep moving or stay to the righ to make sure there is no back up whatsoever. Last year there were several 911 calls because of people panicing in the crazy crowds.

But other than that it was nice and magical. hahahaha. Cant wait to work those nights. Kinda scared to be honest with yall. =P
                        We rock the party that rocks the party!
                        We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Expect the crowds to be heavy. If you are't going to try and enter til 6, expect to be turned away or head to DCA. Disneyland will most likely be at capacity by noon-1pm. We will be there!!!

As far as NY day, morning will be light, but by afternoon and after the parade, the park will be full again.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                            Expect the crowds to be heavy. If you are't going to try and enter til 6, expect to be turned away or head to DCA. Disneyland will most likely be at capacity by noon-1pm. We will be there!!!

As far as NY day, morning will be light, but by afternoon and after the parade, the park will be full again.
                            thanks...maybe ill hit the park in the morning before it gets to messy
                            OLM!!!

sigpic

Comment

Ya'll are crazy....you know it's gonna be crowded beyond capacity, insane lines for anything and everything, yet you still go. I don't get it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X