This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Fantasy Land...

Perhaps this has been asked before but I can't seem to find any posts on the subject so, here goes:

Does anyone have any photos of the old Fantasyland? I'm interested in the interior of the attractions specifically. This was a little before my time so I'm curious as to how they differ from the current versions. Internet searches don't turn up much. It's as though no one took pictures back then.
    Last edited by Sallah; 12-28-2006, 01:23 PM. Reason: sp

Re: The Old Fantasy Land...

There are a few here:

http://www.disneypix.com/Pana-Vue/Di...antasyland.htm

and here:

http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/Fantasyland2.html
    Last edited by merlinjones; 12-28-2006, 01:32 PM.

Comment

MERLINJONES! Wonderful sites! Thanks for sharing those. Right on.

Comment

Thanks! If you find any more interior shots please post!

Comment

Also try MiceAge.com Click on the "Yesterland" section.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Awesome pictures! Does anyone have any more pictures of Sleeping Beauty Castle when it was white and blue? I've been trying for a while but I always find it difficult to find many pictures of it in color from that era. Also, during what years was the castle that color?

Comment

Originally posted by Sallah View Post
              Perhaps this has been asked before but I can't seem to find any posts on the subject so, here goes:

Does anyone have any photos of the old Fantasyland? I'm interested in the interior of the attractions specifically. This was a little before my time so I'm curious as to how they differ from the current versions. Internet searches don't turn up much. It's as though no one took pictures back then.
              I have no clue how to make it work, but last night my son dug out our very old viewmasters and I found some Disneyland disks from wayyyy early on. It had 1 shot of fantasyland before Small World went in and all there was there was DIRT AND TREES. HOW anyone would go about getting the tiny little slides off the disks and into real photos is beyond me. I then went to ebay and looked up disneyland viewmasters and found a few of old disneyland for sale. OH and the ones i have had interior shots of Peter Pan.

jan
              Janette

Comment

what a great site...this is my favorite pic

my mother tells me that i had a aunt that was a mermaid in this attraction back in the day
                OLM!!!
                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

There are issues of E Ticket magazine that has interior shots of the dark rides. I have the Alice in Wonderland magazine and there are interior shots. I also remember they were basically cut out board and painted characters (in Alice), no audio animatronics inside there. I specifically remember the Mad Hatter scene, with huge tea pots and a huge Mad Hatter and March Hare. Go to E ticket.com and they have covers of available magazines and you will find what dark rides are covered in certain magazines.

Comment

Should never have took Hook.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
                      There are issues of E Ticket magazine that has interior shots of the dark rides. I have the Alice in Wonderland magazine and there are interior shots. I also remember they were basically cut out board and painted characters (in Alice), no audio animatronics inside there. I specifically remember the Mad Hatter scene, with huge tea pots and a huge Mad Hatter and March Hare. Go to E ticket.com and they have covers of available magazines and you will find what dark rides are covered in certain magazines.
                      That makes sense. Come to think of it I probably have some of those magazines saved somewhere. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X