This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward Kimball Locomotive Passes Tests!

What a great article, Steve! So informative and well-written. I love trains but I don't know much about them -- I always feel like I know a bit more after reading one of your postings.

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano
    [She] runs with a sharp, crisp bark and no lope.
    I just wanted to mention that the quote above reminds me a bit of a wine connoisseur describing his favorite wine! I have no idea what it means, though.

Dan

Comment

We need more trains. I say expand the track to DCA and the parking lots. But then again I say the same thing for the monorail and people mover. I have this thing about cool transportation.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Just to ease confusion, the words above masked with the **** is also the word for a male chicken. Used here, however, the word means "A device (as a faucet or valve) for regulating the flow of a liquid."

Now get your minds out of the gutter!

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
          We need more trains. I say expand the track to DCA and the parking lots.
          If you talk to the train CMs--at least at Walt Disney World, but probably here as well--you'd be surprised at how often guests ask, "Does this train go to the parking lot?" :lol:

Comment

Great write-up! I have loved steam trains since I was a kid & used to love riding in the cab with the CM's. Now that D/L is letting people finally ride in the front cab of the Monorails, how long before they start letting guests ride in the cab of the locomotives again?
            Robert
            B5, Marcus Cole:
            I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

Comment

Word is, cab rides again this summer...after seatbelts (or shoulder harnesses or corssets or leg-irons, etc. ) are installed to satisfy legal.

Comment

Steve your enthusiasm is contagious thank you for sharing and being so descriptive it helps me understand Trains more and more.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano
                  Thanks, everyone.

Just to ease confusion, the words above masked with the **** is also the word for a male chicken. Used here, however, the word means "A device (as a faucet or valve) for regulating the flow of a liquid."

Now get your minds out of the gutter!
                  Ahhh...masking removed!

Comment

Thanks for the great news. It will be wonderful to see that engine out on the line. It's a shame that Ward himself isn't around to enjoy it with us.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

Comment

as usual, another gem of an article thanks for the update!
                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

So when might she be put into guest service? I know some of us would like to be there for that day.

Comment

Great news!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, speederscout, I am not privy to that information.

Much DOSH paperwork still needs to be completed. Some of us are suspecting any dedication ceremony may be internal and private (as was, apparently, the Fred Gurley's dedication). So, you may go to the park one day, and, without any fanfare, notice a new and different locomotive pulling one of the trains. Keep your eyes peeled for a predominantly red locomotive with a very dark blue boiler and a very large cab!

Comment

Thanks Steve!
                              B5, Marcus Cole:
                              I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X