This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steakhouse 55 photos and review

A couple of weeks ago we hung out in the newly redecorated lounge of Steakhouse 55, and ate there. (Steakhouse 55 was formerly known as Granville's, and is located in the Disneyland Hotel). A few pictures:

As for the review - my wife had the filet mignon, medium rare, which was not cooked as ordered, but was delicious. The decor inside is nice, quiet, and subtle - perfect for a steakhouse - with deep woods and nice seating as you'd expect. I had the salmon, with a miso glaze, which was just perfect - seafood perfection on a plate.

Re: Steakhouse 55 photos and review

Wait wait wait!!,You went to a place called Steakhouse 55 and got the salmon? I love salmon also but it not called Salmon 55. thanks for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by snorkeld View Post
      Wait wait wait!!,You went to a place called Steakhouse 55 and got the salmon? I love salmon also but it not called Salmon 55. thanks for the report.
      Snorkeid makes a good point!

Frogberto, do you have a photo of the sign for Steak55? I love disneyland signage.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Thanks for sharing
        great photos
        :crazylegs

Comment

That is a good point, and the entire table also teased me about it. What can I say, salmon's healthier for you, I'm on a diet, and I wolfed down half of my wife's tenderloin anyway. They don't have an obvious sign, at least not when I went, and they are still in the process of changing over - the receipt said "Granville's" as did some of the items in the restaurant. Believe me, I take pictures of signs every chance I get (see the Ralph Brennan's review for examples).

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
            They don't have an obvious sign, at least not when I went, and they are still in the process of changing over - the receipt said "Granville's" as did some of the items in the restaurant. Believe me, I take pictures of signs every chance I get (see the Ralph Brennan's review for examples).
            I believe you I believe you!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

This joint is now a must do on my list! Thanks Froggy, I am dissapointed about the Filet Mignon, you never should insult a Filet Mignon like they did!!!
              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Glad to hear that they almost got the dinner right. The bar is a nice improvement as well.

Looks like they used the same decorator that did the Sony Pictures Studios Commissary (the former home of M-G-M) in Culver City, same shots from the "more stars than in the heavens" era - Cary Grant, Ava Gardner, Carole Lombard, Rita Hayworth, Betty Bacall & Humphrey Bogart. FYI - Their dining room is right across from the Cary Grant Theatre.
                Last edited by ALIASd; 01-01-2007, 08:12 PM.
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                  A couple of weeks ago we hung out in the newly redecorated lounge of Steakhouse 55, and ate there. (Steakhouse 55 was formerly known as Granville's, and is located in the Disneyland Hotel). A few pictures:

As for the review - my wife had the filet mignon, medium rare, which was not cooked as ordered, but was delicious. The decor inside is nice, quiet, and subtle - perfect for a steakhouse - with deep woods and nice seating as you'd expect. I had the salmon, with a miso glaze, which was just perfect - seafood perfection on a plate.
                  The waiter was a little snooty when we went. But, we sat in that little section right next to you when we went. The food was very very good!! It's interesting that it was formerly called Granville's. I was wondering why I'd never heard of Steakhouse 55. Now, I know why!

Comment

We had breakfast there at the beginning of the month and it was very uncrowded, very reasonably priced and pretty good.

Comment

My husband and I went there on our last Anniversary and we absolutely loved it! It is now our new favorite place

Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

Comment

It's nice to see that they haven't changed the interior decor too much. I always loved the look and feel of the inside. Had you been there when it was still Granville's? If so, how is the menu different now, if at all?
                        On the fish issue, they also have (or maybe now it's had) a fabulous seared ahi appetizer with a really good wasabi vinaigrette.
                        All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
                        And kindergarten.
                        :yea:

Comment

I had been there before for breakfast, and I agree that the breakfasts there are great (and a great value, fast, and a quiet atmosphere). The menu and decor doesn't seem to have changed, except for the bar/lounge. Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Comment

Great place to dine. Not crazy about the new name, but I loved the photos above each table, when my wife and I dined there in June.
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Thanks for the review and photos...it's a must do on my list!
                              "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X