Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, which is faster?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, which is faster?

I am curious if anyone knows which attraction is faster, Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain? I know Space Mountain seems faster to me but I was wondering if anyone here knows the exact speeds that each one travels?

Thanks!
    Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Re: Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, which is faster?

Originally posted by Magic Mirror View Post
    I am curious if anyone knows which attraction is faster, Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain? I know Space Mountain seems faster to me but I was wondering if anyone here knows the exact speeds that each one travels?

Thanks!
    They're both about the same...somewhere in the 28-32 mph range depending on different factors (weight, heat, etc).

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

Comment

I beleive Big Thunder is.... but I could be wrong.

Comment

Tonight my wife and I rode on Big Thunder Mountain and she loved it. She won't ride on Space Mountain because she says it goes too fast. I told her that I thought that they both were about the same but that Space Mountain seems faster because it's so dark. Now she's curious about Space Mountain again :yea: so I hope I can convince her that it's not faster or that it's the same as Big Thunder Mountain.
        Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Comment

space is faster. Thunder tops out at 28 mph and space is 35 mph.

Comment

And Gadgets Go Coaster is faster than both, though of course much shorter and tamer curves
            Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thats when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

I would think that BTMR would be faster. I was told that there are fans strategicly placed along the Space Mountain track to make it seem like you are going faster than you actually are which means you cant really tell how fast you're going just by how fast it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
                I would think that BTMR would be faster. I was told that there are fans strategicly placed along the Space Mountain track to make it seem like you are going faster than you actually are which means you cant really tell how fast you're going just by how fast it feels.
                Also when you are in the dark, things appear to go faster.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
                  I was told that there are fans strategicly placed along the Space Mountain track to make it seem like you are going faster than you actually are which means you cant really tell how fast you're going just by how fast it feels.
                  Not true.

Comment

I remember going on Space Mountain first thing in the morning and it being fast, but then going on it later in the day and it was faster. Weird I know, but it was maybe a couple mph faster.

First ride was about equal to BTMRR, but the second was faster.

Just what I have obsoived
                    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                      Not true.
                      ...t-true?
                      Either that, or you're being literal with the "along the track" or the "fan" thing. AC vents count too.

I believe Space is actually faster, and for longer periods of time. Thunder approaches it, but Thunder keeps hitting trims which take a lot of the fun out of it.

Comment

For an even faster ride on Space Mountain, go on it with a bunch of friends who are over 200 pounds. That rocket starts to take off like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by lyd View Post
                          For an even faster ride on Space Mountain, go on it with a bunch of friends who are over 200 pounds. That rocket starts to take off like there is no tomorrow.
                          I will deffinately have to try that!

Comment

Aaaaannndd... then you cascade.

Or get redirected onto the ... erm (for lack of a better word) Fat Track.

Comment

Originally posted by Karnever View Post
                              space is faster. Thunder tops out at 28 mph and space is 35 mph.
                              This man is correct.

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                              And Gadgets Go Coaster is faster than both, though of course much shorter and tamer curves
                              Not True.

Stats according to RCDB.
                              Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 28 mph
                              Space Mountain (old track) - 32 mph
                              Gadget's Go Coaster - 21.7 mph

Between Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, again according to RCDB, at the Magic Kingdom the speeds are similar but the coaster associated with each is switched.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X