This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Face Character Auditions

OK, so i'm new at micechat, but I was wondering if anyone has auditioned for the Disneyland Face Characters before. I'm planning on going to the next auditions and any information about anyone's experiences with that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

i know this won't help, but i'm going to the next ones too . yikes.

i find this page helpful. http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/st041001.htm
    sigpic

Comment

I auditioned for Mary Poppins but they were looking for a girl.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Face characters, like the people in the costumes? Man I would hate that job. When it gets like 90+ degrees outside, it's gotta be FREAKIN' hot in there. UNLESS you're talking about non-super costumed people, like marry poppin-pills and polka-hontis.
        "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
          Face characters, like the people in the costumes? Man I would hate that job. When it gets like 90+ degrees outside, it's gotta be FREAKIN' hot in there. UNLESS you're talking about non-super costumed people, like marry poppin-pills and polka-hontis.
          Face characters are the characters whose faces you see... such as Disney Princesses, Alice, and the Mad Hatter.

But from what I hear, a lot of the audiotion is based somewhat on luvk. Either you look like a Disney Princess or you don't. If you can get past that part then maybe you can show them your "acting" ability.

Comment

About 90% of it is based on look and look is the first thing that's judged.

Basically you show up, get a number and then in orderly fashion they line you up in rows of 10 people at a time. Usually they just look you up and down (Very rarely they'll ask something. Last time they asked me if I had any acting experience and how tall I was) and then they call out the numbers for the people they want to move to the next step. Out of the group of 50 with me last time I auditioned, probably only 4 or 5 moved on to the next round and yet oddly enough I was one of two in that gorup that they actually spoke to (I have a feeling I got cut because I stuttered and undercalculated when they asked my height since I used to be very self-conscious about it.)

And it's not always the prettiest or thinnest that make it. Actually I saw more than a few knockouts get cut while the girls that passed had a more 'plain' look to them. Plus I remember someone from MC last time around made it to the costuming stage only to get cut because they were too thin and couldn't fit into the costume.
            Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

whoa, I wonder what size the costumes are?

Comment

There's only been 320840884 threads on this topic.

Comment

I've always wanted to be Alice or Cinderella, and i resemble them both. I just would not fit into the costume right now. Heck, by the tie this weight is off, i will be too old to be either!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                    whoa, I wonder what size the costumes are?
                    From what I've heard, they're an "old fashioned" 6 or 8, meaning 8 or 10 in today's fashion sizing. I don't know if this is entirely accurate, though.

And, true, there have been many threads on this topic before. To get the best results, I would suggest using the Search option.
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

My problem is I look like Belle, but you have to be at least 18 to work there.....One day I will....if I still look like Belle.......
                      The daydream princess

Comment

It's who you know, had a buddy-said he knew Mickey..Bam, callback.
                        sigpic"It could've been Iwerksland"

Comment

and really...the mouse was only a casual compainion, I wouldn't really say they new each other.
                          sigpic"It could've been Iwerksland"

Comment

my sister is moving down there tomorrow, I'm trying to get her to go, she would be perfect for pocahantas, don't you think?
                            Last edited by Adelade; 02-19-2007, 02:06 PM.
                            Is this haunted signature
                            actually
                            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                            also known as...
                            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                              There's only been 320840884 threads on this topic.
                              She said she was new. How would she know that there's been other threads? As for me I'm jealous. I hope you have a wonderful time and good luck!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X