X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California discount question

Hi,
    I was curious about the rules of obtaining a Southern Cailfornia Park Hopper... Do you have to show ID proof once you are at the gate that you are a SoCal resident? A relative in LA Thinks she can buy all the discounted tickets for all of us on Disney's site but I am not sure since I do not live in California. Thanks!
    David

PS I don't want to abuse the discount, I just am unclear of the rules - if the purchaser has to live in Socal or if all of those using the tickets are supposed to as well...thanks!
    Last edited by DLdavid; 01-18-2007, 08:18 AM. Reason: error

Re: Southern California discount question

Originally posted by DLdavid View Post
    Hi,
    I was curious about the rules of obtaining a Southern Cailfornia Park Hopper... Do you have to show ID proof once you are at the gate that you are a SoCal resident? A relative in LA Thinks she can buy all the discounted tickets for all of us on Disney's site but I am not sure since I do not live in California. Thanks!
    David
    Last year a freind from Texas came out for a visit. I bought him a Southern California Park Hopper. They asked for my id when I purchased it, but they did not ask for his when we entered the park.

Now I don't know if this is just luck, so don't quote me on this being their policy.

Comment

The Rules and Policies are CLEAR, you must be a Southern California (or Baja Cal, Mexico) resident to USE the ticket.

But in real life, I have heard of very little checking of ID's at the turnstiles.

So Disney does have the right to ask for an ID, so you could get caught.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

About checking ID really quick on this subject. I assume we're talking about a driver's license and while I did just both move down to the area and get my new license, my address is not convincing of residency. My new zip code is listed as 00000. So are there alterative forms of IDs that can be used to verify residency?

Comment

So has anyone ever been asked for proof of residency at a turnstyle?

Comment

Originally posted by DLdavid View Post
            So has anyone ever been asked for proof of residency at a turnstyle?
            I have seen it happen while I was waiting to get in, and also I have read multiple posts of it happening in 2006.

But then, I have seen plenty of folks use the tickets (I know what they look like and/or pay attention) and no ID has been checked.

As I said, there is a risk in getting caught.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              The Rules and Policies are CLEAR, you must be a Southern California (or Baja Cal, Mexico) resident to USE the ticket.

But in real life, I have heard of very little checking of ID's at the turnstiles.

So Disney does have the right to ask for an ID, so you could get caught.
              Darkbeer is absolutey correct.
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X